Pachter: Xbox 360 Slim is real

Sunday, 2nd May 2010 08:09 GMT By Joe Anderson

pach

Speaking on the latest version of GameTrailers show Pach Attack, Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has said that he believes Xbox 360 Slim is real but won’t be made available as a standalone unit.

In response to a question regarding the existence of the unit by user “Chubby McChuckle,” Pachter said:

“I think there is a 360 Slim, although I don’t think they will call it Slim since the PS3 is called that. I think there is a cheaper version of the Xbox 360 console coming out. I think it will probably have a different graphics card and processor, and if it does exist they will save around $20/30 on each unit.

“They won’t cut the price on this unit. Instead they will bundle it with Natal and perhaps a 250GB HDD for $299, see if they can get 8-10 million units out there and make Natal their future platform.

“So yeah, I think a Slim SKU is coming out, but no, you won’t be able to buy it cheaper than $299 until at least next year.”

This isn’t the first time Pachter’s opined on 360 Slim, giving similar quotes in a note last month.

A Slim version of 360 has been heavily rumoured since Microsoft announced Natal at E3 last year, with recent (debunked) claims to the reveal scoop being a supposed chipset and some fake box-shots.

1. G1GAHURTZ

Hello Joe.

2. Patrick Garratt

He’s our new Sunday chap. Going to press release it next week.

3. ReeceHeywood

I can’t believe anything this guy says now.

Nice to see you on here Joe. :D

4. Joe Anderson

Hi Everyone :D

5. Gekidami

Mister Anderson!

6. zoopdeloop

I don’t think 360 Slim is such a big deal.It would be though if they also included the rechargeable battery kit and the Wifi along with Natal in one SKU around 320-350$

7. Johnny Cullen

For the record: The Matrix is awesome, Reloaded is decent, but Revolutions is a massive pile of fucking bollocks.

8. Phoenixblight

@7 agreed

With Revolutions I felt like I was watching a horrible episode of DBZ. You can’t say that last fight with Neo and Mr Smith did not resemble a DBZ fight.

9. DaMan

Matrix.. most of the videogames have better plots than that movie.

btw, I agree with those saying that it should have a built-in Wi-Fi. otherwise it’s pointless really.