BioWare to drop Mass Effect 2 DLC news next week

Saturday, 1st May 2010 19:45 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Mass Effect 23

BioWare has revealed over on the official Mass Effect 2 website that next week it will be announcing “exciting news about upcoming DLC”.

Hooray. An announcement of an announcement. We know you love those.

The site also notes that in early May, the final issue of Mass Effect Redemption will be released on iTunes.

Issues 1-3 are already on sale through iTunes, and coming soon will be the Mass Effect graphic novel, featuring all 4 issues, available in June.

The latest bit of DLC to be released for the space RPG was Kasumi’s Stolen Memory earlier in the month.

More through the links.

1. blackdreamhunk

I can’t wait, the new content comes.

2. Keivz

This is getting kind of ridiculous. Granted, it’s a great game, but people can only replay it some many times. I personally haven’t had time for a second play through despite having bought KSM and downloaded the Firewalker DLC–so I can wait for this next DLC.

3. Shonak

Hopefully it’s some After-the-End DLC, than (again) hopefully as big as an addon. :)

4. Phoenixblight

All DLC can be done after the ending assuming your game atleast Sheperd survives.

5. frostquake

@4 Please PUT SPOILER IN YOUR WRITINGS!!!

I am purposefully playing this game very slow so I can get the DLC and play it Mid-Game…before attempting to finish the game. I have all my Characters, but I am avoiding key area’s, and scanning all planets and such!

6. Phoenixblight

You do realize its on the back of the disc telling you are on a suicide mission. ANd Bioware have been saying since its developement that Sheperd can die.

7. Shonak

@4: I know that, but with After-the-End DLC I mean that the chars get something like a goodbye mission (for those who won’t be in ME3) or at least some dialogues after the end. It’s horrible when you want to talk to them and all they talk about is “I hope we survive” :(

8. Phoenixblight

Oh yeah I would want a expansion over these DLCs none of them have been memorable.

9. daytripper

all i want is a dlc package that is more than a couple of hours, has a good story, continues after defeating the collectors and has a couple of rude words

10. The Hindle

I want a Awakening style expansion pack for Mass Effect, the dlc is so crap.

11. Phoenixblight

Its more items 2 helmets and the inferno armor for 160 MS points or BW points.