Sony registers inFamous 2 web domain

Friday, 30th April 2010 07:39 GMT By Johnny Cullen

infamous4

Electro-filled, comic-based Sucker Punch actioner inFamous seems to be getting a sequel, if a domain registration from Sony is indication.

The firm’s registered infamous2thegame.com, according to WhoIs filings found by PlayStation Lifestyle.

Registrant:
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA INC.
ATTN INFAMOUS2THEGAME.COM
care of Network Solutions
PO Box 459
Drums, PA.  US  18222

Domain Name: INFAMOUS2THEGAME.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA INC.

ATTN INFAMOUS2THEGAME.COM
care of Network Solutions
PO Box 459
Drums, PA 18222
US
570-708-8780

Record expires on 27-Apr-2011.
Record created on 27-Apr-2010.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.SCEA.COM                 160.33.44.69
NS2.SCEA.COM                 160.33.44.67
NS3.SCEA.COM                 160.33.160.127
NS4.SCEA.COM                 160.33.56.28

It’s not the first time we’ve heard evidence of inFamous 2, however. Evidence has been mounting up over the past year, everything from voice actors spilling the beans to job listings, which seem to indicate that it may get some form of multiplayer.

Oh, and it might be out this year.

To whom it concerns: please fast forward time, skip May and land in June – we want E3.

The first inFamous, after a reveal at E3 in 2007 and a re-reveal in 2008, was released last May on PlayStation 3.

1. Gekidami

I dont want to skip may, way to many good games coming out!

2. trav

Was interested by inFamous the first time round, but it didn’t hold my attention until the end. Hope the sequel does better.

3. Gekidami

The first one is great as long as you ignore the boring side-missions. I didnt think to much of the game to on my first playthrough but really liked it on my second.

4. No_PUDding

It was kind of addictive. More powers, and upgrades, and I even liked the characters. A lot.

Although I prefer Red Faction Guerilla, it’s the most refined open-world game I’ve played in years. Apart from lackng fast travel, that’s the only drawback.

5. Erthazus

Infamous was a great game.

6. Len

Great news, I really enjoyed the first and the soundtrack and sfx were brilliant. :)

7. Gheritt White

The first one felt like it had been rushed – I hope Sucker Punch aren’t told to release before they’re properly ready this time.

8. Erthazus

@7 Same feel, but the game was fantastic.

I didn’t like character and facial animation. With this they really screwed it.

9. Yoshi

2 Things i found disappointing about this game, first the side missions repeated themselves too much, and secondly we were told the skills/powers would be different depending on if you went evil or good but they were exactly the same but just with tiny changes like the colour X|

10. The Hindle

Im calling it, next months Game informer cover will be this. And did you know for that most of Infamous 1s development Sucker Punch had no idea what kind of game they were making.