Main character for Persona 5 has an introverted personality

Friday, 30th April 2010 17:34 GMT By Johnny Cullen

persona1

Persona 5 director Katsura Hasino has dropped some tidbits of its main character, saying he’ll have an introvert personality.

In fact, according to SCRAWL, the character is mostly similar to that of the main character for Persona 3.

Speaking of P3, Hasino also mentions in the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation that Aegis returns in P5 as one of the main characters best friends.

Other than that, no more details on the game were mentioned.

Persona 5 hasn’t even been formally announced, but Hasino said last month a new title in the series was coming. If it’s anything like last year’s Persona 4 – which was full of epic win, in our book – we can’t wait for this one.

1. Hunam

A direct sequel to P3? SHIT THE BED!

Where do I send my money?

2. Fyzzu

Except the thought that it was about Persona 5 was a mistake, going by SCRAWL’s source: http://lhyeung.net/lang/en-uk/2010/04/30/atlus-teases-with-more-persona-5-details/

The interview was apparently about the development of Persona 3 and Persona 3 PSP.

And yes. Sadface. Although P3PSP does have P4′s Yukiko in it, and references to past games always crop up. P3 was full of them.

3. Moonwalker1982

What is the big deal about these games though?

4. Hunam

They’re amazing. That’s the big deal.

EDIT:

Not about P5 though :(

Damn stupid people.

5. Boris Fett

“In fact, according to SCRAWL, the character is mostly similar to that of almost every single male lead in a Japanese RPG, ever.

Fixed.

6. OlderGamer

I miss the old classic days when you could enjoy JRPGs without being able to tell if you char looked like a 5 year old child. Without horrible voice overs. I miss the days when stories didn’t ruin the game, and gameplay was the biggest reason you played.

The more creative power is given to the JP dev, the less I enjoy their games.

That being said, don’t bother flaming. I play Phantasy Star Universe(xb360) online with my two sons. We have sunk hundreds of hours into the game each. And we play/love it inspite of the dumb outfits, needlessly long talking of NPC chars in missions, and more over we enjoy it even though npcs constantly ask “Do we have to hurt it, it looks so cute?”

Sigh…lol.

7. Erthazus

@3 If you like JRPG, you must know about SMT series.

Persona is freakin’ awesome.

8. Moonwalker1982

9. Boris Fett

“I can clearly see a day when JPs main stream big name games are incompatible with the west.”

Never mind it being “some day.” Surely that’s been the case for a few years now?

“I do know about it , but i never really played it at all. But i am wondering, what makes the games so awesome?”

They’re fun and challenging, with a great combat system, and cool art direction. I personally prefer the main Shin Megami Tensei games over the Persona titles myself, though.

10. Coheno

Will this be a PS3 game this time around?

11. Elven_Star

@Coheno
    Apparently, it’ll be PS3-exclusive.

12. Erthazus

Yes, PS3 exclusive.

13. Phoenixblight

Hell yeah I will gladly play this been wanting a Shin Megami game on the Ps3. Oh happy day!