First screens from Bulletstorm released

Friday, 30th April 2010 21:16 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Bulletstorm

EA, People Can Fly and Epic released the first in-game screens from Bulletstorm today, and you can get ‘em after the break.

Bulletstorm was revealed in the latest issue of Game Informer earlier this month, with a formal announcement last week.

It was supposed to be revealed in a more dynamic fashion, but the lovely volcano in Iceland botched those plans.

The screens should help curb your curiosity though.

The game’s due for a release in 2011 for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Erthazus

PC version screenshots because of shadows and textures.

But still, it’s not that impressive. Unreal Engine shows it’s age.

2. Maximum Unreal

Remind me of Brink

3. loki

@1 you idiot because talking PC bullshit

not impress, another mediocre

4. The_Red

Erthazus, are you serious!? This is the best looking UE3 game I’ve seen and is up there with the prettiest games of this year. Hopefully it can be as awesome as Painkiller.

5. Erthazus

@4 I don’t care about the best UE3 game, i care about The Best Looking Game.

UE3 is outdated.

6. Moonwalker1982

Damn, no third person camera?

7. Gekidami

Third person camera in FPS’ is pretty rare. :D

8. YoungZer0

Wow, the art-direction is sooooo god damn boring. Just look at the weapon on the right in the first screenshot. Lancer anyone?

9. Moonwalker1982

@ 7

I know, but i was expecting this game to be third person, my bad :)

10. Anders

Seems like UE3 can make any game look generic.

11. Malmer

What are you guys smoking? This looks really really good. The lighting and colors are really nice. I’d rather have this than the brownness that is Killzone 2.

12. OlderGamer

The colors do pop off of the screen. I get so tired of brown/grey/green blandness that plagues many of todays games(On all systems, not just PS3).

13. endgame

I don’t like it either. not that it looks bad or anything, because it doesn’t. I think it looks ok but the colors, the art style.. idk I guess I was expecting Epic to impress me with something new and yet for some time now, just like Bungie, they make the remake the same thing over and over again. I guess now I know why they’ve kind of left the PC scene. unlike Valve or Bioware who keep making different and exciting things.

14. OlderGamer

But I think a lot of game devs stick to just one or two game types. Be it Square, Codemasters, or Epic. And when different games come out of the same studio, that is most often because they have different “teams” in the studio working on the different projects.

This is an Epic made game, I would have been shocked and maybe a bit worried if it wasn’t a shooter. That being said, it looks nice visualy, in my opinion. Over time we will be able to learn more and then decide(maybe with a demo) what we think of the new game.

15. hitnrun

It “looks” fine, except that I’ve seen it dozens of times and have no interest in staring at it for another 10-20 hours.

It doesn’t just look like Gears of War; it looks like it IS Gears of War. Some of the art assets look to be directly ripped from Sara, or whatever the quarter-assed story called the planet.