World premiere of Treyarch’s Call of Duty hitting GTTV

Wednesday, 28th April 2010 20:26 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

anow

The world premiere announcement of Treyarch’s new Call of Duty game will happen on GTTV, according to a tweet from Keighley.

Here’s the post:

This Friday’s GTTV on Spike will feature the world premiere of the next CALL OF DUTY.

That’s right. Friday. Set the clock.

See the teaser for yourself.

Apparently, there’s an interview with Jake Gyllenhaal, Bruckheimer, and Resident Evil: Afterlife stars Milla Jovovich and Ali Larter as well.

But who gives two-shits about all that – we want to know if we will be able to have our own Martin Sheen and Robert Duvall moments.

1. SplatteredHouse

inb4: meh.

2. AHA-Lambda

k time to see if third time is the charm for treyarch

no but really for me PERSONALLY (most people hate cod after all but i like it…well the IW ones) the performance of this title will decide the future staying power of this series with myself =/

fucking activision =(

3. NoxNoctisUmbra

Cool, I am really excited to see VIETNAM game. Best Vietnam game for me was BF:Vietnam. There are so many good movies out there, I hope COD will snap the whole grim drugged up charm, mood and atmosphere of the war and translate it into a game really well.

4. polygem

vietnam

5. AHA-Lambda

IF it is a vietnam game then they can piss off IMO.

BUT IF it is a black ops/spec ops game like others rumours said THEN I am interested

6. G1GAHURTZ

BOYCOTT ACTIVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. polygem

@2. you should check out the treyarch cod´s….actually i really prefer them. world at war seems to be not as polished and shiny as cod 4 or mw2…but it actually is the better game imo. i really enjoy waw online. playing it right now and it´s awesome. i really hope for the vietnam setting as well. there have been rumors. couldn´t stand a more modern warfare setting than the 60´s or 70´s…would be a great setting for a cod game.@5: for me it´s absolutely vice versa – hehe- yea the taste

8. polygem

@6: i prefer to boycott mc donalds

9. AHA-Lambda

@7 i have i hate number 3 and waw was meh i thought =/

plus yeah i just think i am so apathetic towards ww2 now after SO many ww2 games, that was why i liked modern warfare so much. So as a result for me personally at least I see vietnam as a step back just i did with waw going back to ww2 from modern.

but yeah different opinions and all :P

10. Quak0r

If treyarch can properly translate US getting their asses kicked into a game it’s an instant buy for me :P

11. Freek

Except that WaW was build on the engine and gameplay of CoD4. So without having an IW game as a basis, what are Treyarch going to do?

12. polygem

@10- you´re right. thats essential

13. AHA-Lambda

@11 – copy them by joining respawn? :P

14. Stephany Nunneley

A CoD game set in Vietnam could be good. Have some Credence music in the background, some Napalm, flamethrowers burning the jungle down, gratuitous marijuana use, Charlie waiting in a hole to get you, a crazed Tom Berenger-type officer waiting to snap any second and cause a side mission – it could be good.

15. polygem

@11. yea i know…never said that these games are bad. i just prefer the setting much more…and mw2 left me completely unimpressed…while i loved cod4

16. Freek

And ofcourse Robert Downey Jr as a black person.

17. Stephany Nunneley

@16 – Exactly! :D

18. polygem

@14. you´ve got a point

19. Moonwalker1982

I’ll buy it if it contains Nazi Zombies again, i just loved that. Also the campaign of W@W was quite good.

20. polygem

this time the us are the bad guys so it must be GI zombies…wont happen…unfortunately

21. G1GAHURTZ

WaW’s SP was fun. I played the MP for a total of about 3 hours, maximum.

I’m not interested in this game now. Acti have well and truly killed CoD as far as I’m concerned.

I’m looking forward to games like TDU2 (I still play the first one sometimes…), Halo Reach, Gears 3, etc to play until I’m thinking that Respawn’s first game will release in around early-mid 2012.

The only thing that I would like to play from Acti in the future is PROTOTYPE 2.

22. Freek

@20 Why stop there? After the final wave you realize you were just tripping on acid and have actually been shooting regular army guys. You just f#cked up big time!
    Then the end credits role with your character sitting in a corner of a mental hospital crying himself to sleep.

23. Quak0r

@22 not army guys, civilians!

24. polygem

@22. great…also fits in the vietnam setting…post war traumata have been a big issue

25. polygem

@21. i wasn´t impressed with the mp in w@w as well in the first few hours. thought it was ok but just not as solid as cod4. then it clicked. now i love it. i still think cod4 is slightly better, but i just prefer the sound of that vintage guns. also the map design in w@w is really good. i really like every map while in cod 4 there are some pretty weak ones. not to mention mw2

26. Anders

Vietcong wasn’t all that bad, really.

27. OlderGamer

While I never have been a big CoD fan, I always enjoyed the Treyarch ones more then IW. I enjoyed the SP more. But I have completly no interest in a Vietnam themed game.

28. Freek

In game radio starring Robin Williams.

Treyarch, are you taking notes? We got a design doc right here ;-)

29. ReeceHeywood

Can’t be any shitter than MW2.

30. Erthazus

I.Don’t.Care.

31. Stephany Nunneley

Freek, you need to mail all that in! :)

32. Johnny Cullen

Please be good this year, Treyarch.

Call of Duty 3 and World at War didn’t exactly blow me away.

33. Moonwalker1982

I was already blinded by the hype for MW2 and didn’t give W@W a fair chance. When i finally did give the game a chance i enjoyed it alot. The campaign is very solid and had plenty of great missions and Nazi Zombies is just awesome.

34. DeSpiritusBellum

I think the whole notion of making Vietnam into a game is pretty flawed. Ditto the Embassy Operation unless there’s a major twist there. It wasn’t a very big building, how much gameplay can you really stuff in there?

As for Vietnam, CoD is usually a series of small tactical shootouts, whereas Vietnam with the exception of Tet, was mostly brutal ambushes, search and destroy missions and insane rushes on hills and firebases. All of which is pretty awkward to play through, as Vietcong demonstrated.

Can’t be worse than actually having to fight through that, though.

@29 Nah, the world hardly needs another Bad Company 2.

35. blackdreamhunk

I am buying just because it’s Treyarch’s and they care about their fan base.

36. Gekidami

Nice, i’m interested in seeing what they’ve done and how they’ve built up on what IW brought in MW2 (though honnestly not alot of new stuff was in that). IMO WaW was alot better then CoD4.

37. stretch215

@36 – agreed.

38. Blerk

It’s called “Call of Duty: Infinity Ward” and you play as a bunch of muscled heavies hired by Activision to evict a bunch of evil terrorist developers from an office building.

39. Freek

I’d send it in, but then it might actually turn out to be succesfull at wich point I’d immidiatly get sued by Activission and VG247 aswell for aiding in having a decent idea, then we’d all be pennyless, out of job and VG247 would be shut down.
    So lets not tempt fate ;-)

On the plus side an ironicly named new website would probably emerge from the ashes funded by Gawker media (or whoe ever else is your biggest rival). :-D