XBLA sales rise 41% in March

Tuesday, 27th April 2010 11:39 GMT By Patrick Garratt

xblalogo2

Microsoft’s Block Party promotion pushed XBLA revenues beyond the $10 million mark in March, according to figures from market research firm FADE (Forecasting and Analyzing Digital Entertainment).

GamesIndustry reports that in-cash hit $10.6 million, the first time it’s ever got into eight figures for a single month.

Toy Soldiers was the biggest seller in March, with an estimated 209,000 downloads resulting in $3.14 million in revenues.

Year-to-date XBLA sales are flat, however. January and February were disappointing, with the latter estimated at just $6.8 million (£4.4m). Overall, revenue in 2010 has grown by only 5 percent so far compared to 2009.

1. mington

When is shank coming out, that’ll be a big hit

they’re the guys that made n+

2. FadeLive

I can’t believe Toy Soldiers sold that much, I thought that game would fail but apperently I was wrong. Always nice to see success.

@mington I’m totally buying Shank that game looks awesome.

3. DUFFKING

I dare say sales will be lower this year unless we see another Shadow Complex/Trials HD combo…

4. DJ Deathstar

I Wouldn’t be suprised if sales beat last year, for one last years summer of Arcade had some awesome titles, Shadow Complex, Trials, Splosion Man, Battlefield etc, but this year there seems like theres going to be even more with the likes of Hydrophobia, Hydro Thunder, Limbo, Breach, Tango Down, Monday Night Combat, Battleblock Theatre, Comic Jumper, Shank, Deathspank etc! I think it’ll be a bigger selling year then last and the market for digital release games is getting bigger as more people accept it as the norm

5. mington

Will Hydrophobia be anything more then just fancy water effects, from the trailer it looks rather dated to me like a ps2 game, i hope i’m wrong.

6. itsucks

yhea, because its everyday people have a “ps2 game” in digital form with that wather physics.

People should accept that XBLA games actually sell, and stop being so butthurt. Devs have quit PSN a long time ago.