Shock of the century: More devs leave Infinity Ward

Tuesday, 27th April 2010 03:23 GMT By Nathan Grayson

modernwarfare241

Update 1: The number of staff that have left the developer now stands at 25, according to Kotaku.

Update 2: At least two of the new departures have joined West and Zampella at Respawn. Shock, there.

Update 3: It’s 26 now, apparently.

Original: OK, everyone. No more foreplay. You know the drill.

Infinity Ward. Some people were there. Now they’re not.

Infinity Ward’s deserters du jour are lead character artist Joel Emslie and artists Ryan Lastimosa and Brad Allen, as reported by G4.

This brings the Infinity Ward Leave-O-Meter – which we’ve been using as a stopwatch lately – up to a grand total of 21.

The trio hasn’t flown a Respawn Entertainment flag just yet, but former Infinity Warders setting up shop at Respawn has become as natural as the sun rising each day and the air that we breathe; it is and – for as long as we can remember – always has been true. We no longer question it.

1. Gskyace

How many stuff in IW ?I wonder

2. Anders

Close to a fourth of the studio, then. My, my.

3. Erthazus

I wonder, where is Robert Bowling?

4. Blerk

They’ll probably merge whoever’s left in with Treyarch, just to be even more evil.

5. Newbie101

Don’t panic everyone… the bowling is still there, all is OK!

;-)

6. endgame

@3 dude that guy is a f**king douchebag who does nothing but to lie to his community. I hope he doesn’t end up with the staff at Respawn.

@Blerk woaaa that would be the evil of all evils. :)

anyway I’m glad to hear ppl r leaving like that. it’s wonderful news for Acti. ;p

7. Captain Fruitloop

@Blerk. The two studios are very close to each other – more or less facing each other across the same car park, I’ve been told – so it shouldn’t be too hard to relocate staff from one to the other.

8. Blerk

/o\

9. Captain Fruitloop

Actually, I was misinformed – it’s the Activision Santa Monica HQ that’s more or less across the car park from Treyarch. Infinity Ward are in Encino.

I was also told there was a general culture of mutual loathing between the two studios. That part, I still believe.