Arcania – Gothic 4 gets new screens

Tuesday, 27th April 2010 06:46 GMT By Patrick Garratt

gothic4

Gothic 4 – now “Arcania – Gothic 4″ as of March last year – got some new screens today. Germany will be watching very carefully.

It’s out in the third quarter of 2010, a release event likely to bring Germany to a deadly standstill. They really do love this shit there.

Does look very pretty, like. Get the screens from Shacknews.

Thanks, Erthazus and Carsten.

1. Erthazus

Seriously, VG247, this is wrong. They renamed Gothic 4 to Arcania: A Gothic Tale since 24.08.2008. This is really funny and for Russia and Eastern Europe it’s still is a Gothic 4. Old news.

2. Patrick Garratt

Edited.

3. Carsten

I don’t wanna be picky about it but it’s still wrong. As publisher JoWood confirmed in the end of may, the official name of the game now is “Arcania – Gothic 4″. Read it here:
    And you don’t have to worry, we wont go totally nuts over this title. Only if it’s gonna be such a bug party as its predecessor. ;)

4. Patrick Garratt

There :)

5. Carsten

Good one, but I have to hit myself: It was confirmed in the end of March 2010, not May. Sorry, my bad. But hey, it’s just details, isn’t it? ;)

6. Patrick Garratt

Edited. It’s important to get this stuff right :)

7. blackdreamhunk

Gothic is such a popular franchise on pc. I have to play the game some time.

8. Uncontested

Gothic 3 was the biggest fail of all time. I -STILL- can’t play it on my PC some 4 years later and 3 PCs later. Even with all the community patches tried on all 3 PCs I’ve had in that time its absolutely unplayable. Biggest waste of money I’ve ever spent.

9. YoungZer0

@Uncontested: You must be doing something wrong then. I for one could play it without problems. Having that said, it still pretty much sucks.

10. Erthazus

@8 Actually you are doing something wrong. It works fine after 2 patches, but overall… Gothic 3 SUCKS ASS.

I still think that Arcania will suck ass too. It’s not the same developer and i see only pretty graphics. Graphics in gothic games was something that people DON’T care about although level design was superior to any RPG game to date.

Stupid shitty games like Mass Effect 1 or Mass Effect 2 or Dragon Age don’t even close to what have done Gothic 2 with Night Of the Raven addon.

If someone will make an RPG game like gothic 2 with Night of the Raven addon i will kiss his ass.