The 3rd Birthday to release this year in Japan, says Wada

Monday, 26th April 2010 16:22 GMT By Johnny Cullen

3rd birthday

Square Enix president Yoichi Wada has told Nikkei’s Trendynet that The 3rd Birthday will see a release in Japan this year.

Speaking to the paper, he mentioned the title in a whole slew of titles due in the country this year, including io’s Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days, Deus Ex: Human Revolution from Eidos Montreal and Japanese-developed titles like Dragon Quest: Monsters.

Wada did not, however, name two other big titles which have been long overdue for a re-reveal: Final Fantasy Versus XIII for PlayStation 3 and Final Fantasy Agito XIII for PSP, both apart of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series alongside Final Fantasy XIII for PS3 and Xbox 360.

The 3rd Birthday, meanwhile, is seen as a spin-off from the Parasite Eve series, although some consider it a main title in the series. The last we heard on the shooter was that it was still coming alongside Agito XIII, with Square insisting it will “exceed expectations“.

Thanks, Siliconera.

1. Gekidami

I hope Square puts the first 2 on the Store, i wouldnt mind trying them to see if i’m interested in picking up the third.

2. DaMan

uhh. it won’t be the same as the PS1 PE games.

it’s just a tps spin-off, it’s not even PE3. kinda what Dirge of Cerberus was to FF7.

3. Razor

Maybe Sony have something up their sleeves for E3 with Versus and Agito.

Here’s hoping anyway.

4. Dr.Ghettoblaster

5. Phoenixblight

Parasite eve 2 sucked ass. You just want the first Gek trust me on that. ANd as Daman said they made the third a tps spin off with Aya.

THere is a reason why the first one worked its because they followed the actual book on the mitochondria, the second went on a stragent and the third goes farther away from the first.

6. Gekidami

Still though, i assume to get the most out of 3rd Birthdays plot its best to have played both previous games.

7. DaMan

I’m not even sure this one follows previous games’ storyline.

oh and PE2 was a good game, the plot was rubbish compared to original but I liked the RE/rpg gameplay mix. replayed it numerous times. I would recommend playng them both anyway.

8. Phoenixblight

THe gameplay was good but for me priority is story if story sucks ass I usually rate it a crappy game.

9. DaMan

oh, well I never actually thought PE plot was that great anyway, it was no Vagrant Story for sure. but I agree the sequel was drastically worse in that aspect. it felt rushed to me as well.

10. Erthazus

I never played this game series. Is it that good?
    I know people hyped about it.

11. Phoenixblight

The first one is excellent. There is a reason why the original is being sold for 100$+ new.

No it wasn’t as good as Vagrant story but still I hold PE higher than most FF’s. Vagrant Story would be at the very top. Sydney was my favorite character of all time.

12. Herlock