Surfer Girl: Metal Gear Solid to support Natal

Monday, 26th April 2010 11:39 GMT By Johnny Cullen

MGS Rising

Update: May not be MGS: Rising, after all. This is from a second post from SG that she wrote today: “I wonder how Metal Gear Touch would work with no touch screen.”

Original: Hideo Kojima is most likely sitting next to a big red button right now. And if a rumour from Surfer Girl is correct, he’s going to push it at E3.

The infamous rumour mongrel has suggested Metal Gear Solid could use Natal, with an announcement to come in Los Angeles in June.

In the same blog post where she claimed a slim 360 was on the way, the blogger wrote:

“And Natal? Let’s just say you’ll probably be both very surprised and very pleased by one of the games revealed… what is it?

Might Get Shot if I were to tell.”

It’s an odds-on favourite SG is talking about Metal Gear Solid: Rising, announced at Microsoft’s E3 press conference last year.

And at Tokyo Games Show in September, Kojima announced his support for Natal, saying it was the next “2D to 3D shift”.

We’ll most likely hear whatever is going on at the special event Microsoft is holding for the tech on Sunday, June 13 in LA.

Dear E3: please hurry up.

1. Erthazus

Interesting, it will support Move?

2. Johnny Cullen

Shit’s gonna get massive. And I mean properly over-the-top madness massive, if this doesn’t turn out to be bollocks.

3. mington

Lightning blot action lol

4. get2sammyb

Was Surfer Girl even right the last time around? Wasn’t one of the rumours last time that MGS4 was coming to XBOX 360, etc?

Is there something I’m missing as to why you’re giving this credibility?

5. V_Ben

I wonder what craziness Kojima will create with Natal. I’d be interested to find out :-D

Oh, and the return of surfer girl? I don’t think this reads like that person’s writing, in my opinion. This is all low hanging fruit, “prediction-wise”

6. The Hindle

I wonder if you stick a cardboard box over your head and hide, Natal would register it whilst playing Rising, because if so Natal is a day fucking one.

7. Blerk

You’d probably have to smoke real fags, too.

8. daytripper

@6 lmao at the thought of people doing that. the girlfriend/wife comes in “what the fuck are you doing”

9. DGOJG

God damn it Kojima I’m supposed to be going to Uni this year, now I need to shell out on a 360 and Natal bundle? How am I supposed to eat now?! Seriously though if this is true AND Natal does what it says on the tin I will seriously consider buying this day 1.

10. Erthazus

This year’s E3 will be fucking World Of War. *Turned on Starcraft II menu music*

Sony is preparing something, Microsoft leaks all over the place.

11. The Hindle

:D you would say Shh love im being a secret Agent, or how about twirling a toy gun Ocelot style.

12. V_Ben

If you’re playing as Raiden, i wonder what would happen if you played the game naked. Bonus points for authenticity?

13. daytripper

i want to play as Ocelot ffs, Raiden just makes me incredibly furious.

i’ve tweeted to Kojima to include a sort of Natal mini game where Naomi can be fondled.

14. LockeTribal

Who says MGS has to be Metal Gear Solid? Could be Mini-Golf Superstars or Marty Gold’s Singalong.

15. Erthazus

By the way Surfer girl say about Metal Gear Touch without touch screen… If One news about Microsoft and other about Sony then…

Probably we will see Metal Gear Touch port to new PSP PHONE???? Just guessing shit.

@14 because Surfer Girl make rumors about serious shit, thats why and Marty Gold’s Singalong is probably not an interesting thing.
    + Kojima said at TGS that his games will have something to do with Natal

16. Benjo1981

I think that maybe, just maybe, LockeTribal was joking..

17. LockeTribal

@15 Marty Gold’s Singalong not interesting?! You, sir, have obviously not heard of the Korn Kobblers!

:D

18. Johnny Cullen

Update. It’s possible it might not be Rising.

19. mington

Because up until now it had been an absolute certainty ;)

20. Erthazus

@18 Johnny it could be actually a demo with new Metal Gear Touch on PSP phone or Sony announcement.

If you look, she is reffering to two press conferences.

First post is about Microsoft and Second is about Sony news.

21. cookiejar

I bet this Surfer Girl is actually Patcher.

22. Erthazus

@21 LAWL :D :D :D epic joke is epic.

23. Bulk Slash

Metal Gear Touch was utter bollocks, if Konami are going to try again with it they are going to have to have made some significant improvements to the gameplay.

24. Johnny Cullen