Super Street Fighter IV takes EG 10 – round-up

Monday, 26th April 2010 17:10 GMT By Patrick Garratt

ssfiv7

And there goes the Super Street Fighter IV review embargo. Is it good? Apparently it’s at “the very top of its game”.

EG’s given it a 10, saying it’s “the very best sort of evolution, a perfection of detail, one that diminishes its faults and amplifies its successes.” Blimey.

Here are your scores. It’s out this week. If you’ve got a review, stick a link in the comments and we’ll add it.

1. G1GAHURTZ

Does that mean that the SP ‘easy’ mode isn’t actually most other peoples idea of ‘ludicrously hard’ in this version, then?

2. mescalineeyes

I am going to act like I am surprised now.

Game of the forever, mark my words.

3. mington

…and you can all get cheap joysticks now too, i had to pay 70 quid and wait like 4 months to get mine

4. Gekidami

Meh, overrated. Dont get me wrong, SF4 is a great game but Super still remains 80% (if not more) old game. There are Game of the Year Editions that add more content yet you dont seem them getting re-reviewed.

5. pwnophobia

via Evil Avatar News:

5/5

6. mington

@4 well you say that, but for me this game will get more play then all the other triple A titles of the summer…and probably winter put together

7. Dr.Ghettoblaster

It is fantastic. They fixed the US online servers too and they’re SO MUCH better than SF4′s.

35 characters open from the start, 24+ stages, 2 orignial bonus stages, best graphics/gameplay in a fighting game to date………..all for $40?

Amazing game – incredible price (although a discount voucher for those who bought SF4 would have been nice)
    10/10

8. theevilaires

Meh, Meh, Meh…. give me a tekken game specially built for the PS3 in mind only, taking full advantage of its hardware and street fighter will be dead forever.

This game should have been the one released last year. Capcom got a lot suckers including me, but it will never happen again.

9. Anders

GiantBomb – 5/5

10. Moonwalker1982

Kinda strange that they give this a 10….doesn’t this only contain 12 more characters and a few new stages, and thats it?

11. Eregol

Gamestm and Edge mags went with 9s

12. Bulk Slash

35 characters? I really miss the days of fighting games having 10-12 characters that you can take the time to learn and master.

35 is just too many for me to want to learn, and I found Seth so hard last time even sticking it on easy for each character likely wouldn’t work.

13. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Not to worry, they have “easy”, “very easy”, and “easiest”, in addition to normal and beyond.

14. theevilaires

the game A.I. sucks anyway Dr.G with their cheap hit tactics the CPU always exploits. There’s only one character I know I can beat that stupid game with on the hardest setting and that’s Zangief.

…..anyone wanna know the secret behind Zangief that will get you a perfect every round :D

15. El-Dev