Massive 35 minute Halo: Reach multiplayer vid goes “boom”

Monday, 26th April 2010 14:46 GMT By Johnny Cullen

haloreach

Update: Get tons more footage here.

Original: Halo Nation, get fucking pumped. Your time is now.

Giant Bomb‘s released a massive 35 minute video as a taste of what you can expect from the multiplayer beta of Reach. This looks properly off the hook.

Go watch it below

Want to play the beta after watching that? Go buy Halo 3: ODST. Worried you’ll not have enough money for it? It’s £25 right now. Still not enough? Get a job, you bum.

The beta kicks off next Monday on Live.

The game itself releases in fall for Xbox 360, with a taste of its campaign looking like it’ll be revealed on Wednesday. A live action short for the game’s just been announced for tomorrow.

1. renegadegd

its £15 pre-owned on GAMES website. it was £12 last week when i brought mine, but im sure its only going to get more expensive as the week goes on.

2. Erthazus

- Is this a Run button?

– this is one of the Spartans abilities.. blah… blah.. blah…

– WUT? I’m turning this off

– WOOOOW!

– THEY GOTTA CHANGE THE GAME RIGHT!?

– WHAT IS GOING ON???

*Facepalm* Oh my gawd, now they finally can run. WOW. It’s a progression. GOTY. Game of the motherfucking Year confirmed.

3. Gheritt White

@ 2: You know, I’m starting to think this polemic is more about you owning a PS3/not owning an X360 than anything else…

4. itsucks

trolls gotta troll to roll from dead last.

5. Erthazus

@3 Actually no. This has nothing to do with it. I appreciate games from all systems and probably will get Slim if they will announce it. I will buy it for Gears 3 and Alan Wake (and if there will be an excusive Metal Gear, it’s an instant buy). Awesome games like Gears Of War 2 and Alan Wake deserve this Hype. Halo? NOT.

But this has nothing to do with the console fanboyism. I don’t care about these console wars. I care about games. Only games and normal person know that Halo sucks. You are wrong, AGAIN.

6. Gheritt White

Wow, you seem really tense. Have you tried masturbating recently? That’s usually a good way to relieve some tension.

7. itsucks

now you made the baby cry. better get that suckaxi…dualshock for some heavy tears mundane QTE shit time.

8. Erthazus

*Have you tried masturbating recently?*

YES, so you are again, WRONG!

and you tried to masturbate recently? I think no. Try it. Helps ;)

9. Gadzooks!

Transparent trolling. You are so obvious it’s embarrasing.

It’s not big, it’s not clever, it’s fanboyism at it’s most pathetic.

10. Erthazus

@9 so can you explain me, what makes me a fanboy of something? For example? I don’t like Halo and that makes me a fanboy?

11. Gadzooks!

Do you think us all stupid? (Obviously yes)

You post in EVERY 360 thread some childish putdown that you think is clever, and which the rest of us do not.

As I said, you are obvious and pathetic and do not belong in a place where, in the absence of your kind, reasoned discussion can spontaniously break out.

12. deanimate

Shame about the horrendous controls people will have to use. Well, that and Halo being a bit average of course.

13. cookiejar

Im looking forward to this when it ships, because it looks like more of an improvement than Halo 3, which I disliked.

I won’t be buying ODST to get the beta though, that really is for the hardcore Halo crowd, but I’ll give it a punt in Sep or whenever it drops.

14. polygem

@2,5: sprinting in halo is indeed pretty cool – also the other abilities are imo. i´m not a huge halo fan – never liked the story plot that much. but not to give the multiplayer halo experience credits is just stupid. it´s ok to say you don´t like the game. but to say halo is shit is just not right. it´s a great game gameplaywise with cool vehicles and weapons – now you can finally sprint – and yes that is indeed something that makes me buy a ticket for a ride on the reach hype train…

15. Erthazus

@11 no, i don’t think so that you are stupid. O_o Where i said that you are stupid?

Ok, prooflinks maybe about EVERY 360 thread ok?

I can see from you only jibberjabber and fanboyism in every thread about 360 so please shut up or ignore me please. PLEASE! I said please!

16. zoopdeloop

Halo franchise is indeed over hyped Erthazus but it could be best if you could respect the opinion of those who really like it even if you want to talk about your dislikes.

@4 talking about trolls…really?
    @6 you’re in the wrong path.Those who go overboard around here with that,have burned every little brain shell.

17. Gadzooks!

@Erthazus

Answer me one question, honestly:

What are you trying to achieve by telling us the game we enjoy playing, along with many millions of other Halo players, is complete and utter rubbish?

Are you trying to start a dialog? Are you trying to influence us to NOT play Halo? Are you pimping a competetor product?

Please, if you have a genuine message hidden away in the crap you spout then I’d love to know what it is because all I can see in your posts is ‘you guys have bad taste, I’m great’ (only with a lot more offense) and that, my friend, is the very definition of trolling: Aggrievation without purpose.