Rank 50 in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 takes about 282 hours

Thursday, 22nd April 2010 08:23 GMT By Patrick Garratt

badcompany25

And you thought MMOs were the only kind of horror time-sink.

Reaching Rank 50 in Bad Company 2 takes around 282 hours – or 11 days and 18 hours – to reach, Joystiq reports.

That’s according to Darius Kazemi, president of Orbus Gameworks, a consulting company that helps game developers keep track of what players are doing in-game.

The average Rank 50 player has invested 295 hours to attain the goal.

Think about that.

Here’s a breakdown of Kazemi’s data:

Average times spent playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2:

• Rank 1-10 players spent 3-24 hours in-game
  • Rank 11-20 players spent 25-44 hours in-game
  • Rank 21-30 players spent 48-100 hours in-game
  • Rank 31-40 players spent 111-221 hours in-game
  • Rank 41-50 players spent 228-295 hours in-game

That’s a lot of time. Shooting people in the face really will never be boring, will it?

1. Redh3lix

Yup, definitely painful ranking up in this game but you feel like you EARN’T it, unlike other games I can mention…

2. Boris Fett

That wouldn’t be “that game” where you constantly reset your level progression in some fake sense of “advancement”, purely to prolong its replayability for the obsessive compulsive types, would it?

Sssssh, it’s name should not be muttered out loud in Bad Company 2′s presence…

3. Redh3lix

Yes, it is indeed “that game”.

4. Erthazus

This is really great thing. It’s a pain in the ass but when you are at the level of 20-30 you feel like you mastered the game.

5. DiodeX

I’m at level 21 with 46 hours on the clock, so it’s pretty accurate!

God! I should go out more!!

6. Erthazus

I’m at the 34 level by the way…

7. mington

i think i hit rank 10 in about a week, i got an insane amount of points with landmines

8. Ianman

I thought I was progressing slowing but looks like I am right on track. Level 14 here. Gotta love that Medic kit. Put a medipack down and watch the points increase!

9. DGOJG

Another one of the main reasons I took Battlefield 2 back to the shop…

10. G1GAHURTZ

I’ve got this game now.

Played it 4 times and I’m already a level 4 or 5. Most of the players that I’ve seen don’t seem to be very good, so that seems to say a lot about the kind of skill level of the people who like it.

while it’s not the worst FPS I’ve ever played, there’s no way it’s better than MW2.

The end.

11. DiodeX

A lot of players seem to play Rush like its deathmatch!
    or a snipers who help no one but themselves.

12. G1GAHURTZ

Reaching the top rank (without boosting) in MW2 can take any where between 35-100 hours depending on what game type you play and how good you are. Going all the way to 10th prestige would multiply that by about 11, but that’s only for new little graphics.

13. polygem

@10: you just can´t compare bf and cod games. they are very different. i like both styles of playing but i couldn´t always play call of dutys fast paced style, also i couldn´t always play the more tactical bf style. i need to switch to be a happy fps lover. i LOVE cod 4 – but i think even world at war is much much better than mw2. my opinion is that iw really fucked up big time with mw2. it has mediocore written all over it – just like world at war – but still this game (not iw i know) is more balanced and because of that more fun than mw2

14. FadeLive

Currently lvl 22 with less than 1/3 to lvl 23 with 32 hours played. Atm i’m happily unlocking stuff in the recon class after 24 hours with the assault class. Sniping is so uhm.. deliciously awesome in this game.

15. endgame

it depends on your score per minute and that depends on what class u play. medic usually brings u more points than others. I’m pretty good at it (the game), I usually play with experienced players and still, I’m advancing slowly. lvl34 with 158hours in. don’t mind though, I love this game because unlike “that other game” it requires skill and team coordination. because it attracts a more mature audience and because cheaters r not supported in it.. unlike in “that other game”.

16. Mauller

“that other game” is Starsiege Tribes right? SPINFUSOR!

17. joseph022

Yeah, it’s pretty acurate. I got it in December and I’ve been playng for about 25 hours and I’m already level 18. I think I’ll try the squad deathmatch for a little bit and see if I can get my rank a little higher