Mindscape, the Australian distributor for Konami, has revealed to Kotaku that some of its upcoming releases have been delayed due to canceled flights around Europe.
This is all thanks to the ash from the volcano heard round the world – Iceland’s very angry Eyjafjallajokull.
“Due to the second eruption of the Iceland volcano and further disruption to flights, our shipment of Wii stock will be delayed,” said a Mindscape spokesperson.
“One of the world’s leading freight forwarders, Expeditors, has advised this morning that, due to the substantial freight shipments that are building up around the world, they are uncertain how quickly the backlog will be cleared.”
Here is an update on some of the delays until man is once again allowed to take to the skies:
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Wii) will miss its April 22 release – while PS2 and PSP versions will still hit on Friday.
- Puzzle Chronicles (PSP, DS)
- Karaoke Revolution (PS3, Wii)
- Scene It? Twilight (Wii, DS)
- GTi Club Supermini Festa (Wii)
- Sports Island (DS)
Thankfully, EVE Online players will not be affected.