Kamiya: Force me to do new StarFox

Monday, 19th April 2010 09:58 GMT By Johnny Cullen

starfoxa

Platinum dev and Bayonetta creator Hideki Kamiya wants a gun held to his head by Nintendo and force him and the studio to do a new Starfox.

His words, not ours.

Coming days after Shigeru Miyamoto said he wanted to see a new game in the series, Kamiya tweeted: “I want Nintendo’s staff to come to Platinum, stick guns at us and tell us ‘You guys make a new Star Fox.’”

He also gave praise to the series, saying he was so satsified with StarFox 64 on N64 that there was no need to develop a 3D shooter he was planning on doing.

Get to it, Ninty.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. Mike

Make it for 360/PS3 instead and just it called “Star Badger” or something to avoid a legal scandal akin to Modern War-gate.

2. mington

hmmmm i just don’t think the starfox formula is enough game for a disc release today (same goes for rogue squadron). Well i wouldn’t be satisfied at any rate, i’d what a proper space combat simulator

3. Gekidami

Another Starfox Adventures would be good.

4. Blerk

I never much liked Starfox. It always seemed like a game that I ought to like, but it was just… meh.

I wish someone would do a proper Elite-style “epic space combat/trading game” for the consoles, though. It’s sort of criminal that that genre appears to have completely died.

5. Bulk Slash

I really want a new Starfox, but it needs to be done properly and stay true to its roots. The last three games have all been terrible (Adventures, Assault, Command).

In actual fact, I’d be happy with a full version of the Starfox mini-game in WarioWare Wii. That game had a perfect recreation of the first level of SNES Starfox running at 60fps. I would love to see that expanded to a full version of the game. It would be perfect for WiiWare.

6. OlderGamer

No thanks on any Starfox game that is built around the Wii Motion Controls.

7. Isuru86

Hope Slippy gangrapes your ass -.-

8. Vertical Stand

Screw the Star Fox brand, Platinum should just go ahead and make this game without Nintendo telling them what to do and as others above me have said ideally on PS3 and 360.