Report: Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 is real, was announced last week

Monday, 19th April 2010 17:19 GMT By Patrick Garratt

bioniccommandorearmed.jpg

The Captivate embargo lifts at 4pm tomorrow, but why wait? PlanetXbox360′s just reported that Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 was announced in Hawaii last week.

There are no details there, but you’ll be finding more out in less than 24 hours anyway, so just be thankful it’s coming. Good, huh?

Bionic Commando: Rearmed, a 2D revamp of the ancient classic, was a good hit for Capcom, moving over 130,000 units in its first week on sale in summer 2008.

It was a digital-only affair for PC, 360 and PS3. There’s no official word yet on where this one’s going. In fact, there’s no official word on it at all.

As for more not-supposed-to-be-on-the-internet-yet-Captivate-news, Marvel Vs Capcom 3 was also shown at the island shindig. Get all the details on that here.

1. Zarckan

And where is the fucking Trailer?!

2. Patrick Garratt

Tomorrow, I assume.

3. Gheritt White

PLEASE can we have a sequel to the full 3D game from last year? One of my top ten games this gen that was, loved it to bits!

4. Herlock

Onimusha \o/

5. Robo_1

Very good news, and as GW says, a sequel to the full game would be awesome too, although about as likely as pigs making an air tour of Iceland, given the rather tragic sales figures.

6. Isuru86

Hope AVGN will review this in 10 Years.

7. Zarckan

@Gheritt you serious? it was a pile of junk, why do you think they went tits up

8. Bulk Slash

I was really enjoying the full game (and wondering what all the complaints were about) until I got stuck in the library battle. It went on for ages and contained no checkpoints at all.

If they’d been a bit more forgiving I think I would have really loved the game too. As it is, I still fondly remember the awesome section swinging through the underground canyons…

9. Wonko

My only complaint with the 3D Bionic Commando: (It is a sequel to the original Bionic Commando, why didn’t they call it Bionic Commando 2?) It starts really slow and boring, with frequent loadings, I almost stopped playing it but I’m glad I stuck with it, after the first hour it gets a lot better and fun. I loved learning to get good with the Bionic arm just as much as I loved learning to get good with the Bionic arm twenty-something years ago on the NES.

10. Gheritt White

I actually really enjoyed the library level, as it gave you so many different ways to dispatch the horde of bad guys.

11. Bulk Slash

I think that was part of my problem, I wanted to try out all the moves but getting close enough to use some of them meant getting the shit shot out of me! :)

12. Yoshi

IS it just me or am i the only 1 seeing Duke Nukem from that picture?

13. DJ Deathstar

Yeah if his hair was blonde old Rad Spencer could look like Duke or even Wesker in that pic lol

14. mojo