Ubisoft chats about classes in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Tuesday, 13th April 2010 22:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

ghostreconfuturesoldier

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier producer Jean-Bernard Jacon has said that while the game is staying true to Tom Clancy’s ideas, it adds plausible future conflicts with some advanced tech that’s currently being tested as prototypes throughout the armies of the world.

He also chats about the four different classes you will be playing as in the game.

The game starts off with a Russian terrorist group working to destabilize the government, and you get to play one of the workers in the facility that the terrorists are getting ready to attack.

It will also contain four classes of characters to play as:

• TheRecon soldier which uses camouflage.
  • The Commando who is the “bad ass” with the “biggest and baddest” equipment.
  • The Sniper who had the longest range weapons and can display enemy intelligence through sensors, letting his comrades know where the enemy is hiding.
  • The Engineer who is the Swiss Army Knife of the team, and can trigger a magnetic pulse sheild in order to protect against electronic aggressions. He can also carry a small air drone on his back, allowing you to use it and play as it. You can also use a ground drone.

All sounds interesting, and you can watch the full video of Jean-Bernard chatting about the game over on Gamespot.

The game will have four-player co-op, and a multiplayer Beta is expected sometime this summer for those that purchase Splinter Cell: Conviction for Xbox 360.

More information on a PC version is expected at a later date.

A Wii version’s also expected.

1. AHA-Lambda

I am really lookin forward to this I have to say =)

2. blackdreamhunk

ubisoft and the gaming Industry are lairs about pircay proof here!

pircay is not hurting the gaming at all!

they are forcing pc gamers into drm!!!!

US gov’t admits piracy estimates are phony

so more lies from the gaming industry media what a joke. The gaming media seems like they are not creatable for any thing these days!!!!!!!

3. Moonwalker1982

I hiiiiiighly doubt piracy ain’t hurting anybody. If everybody downloaded and nobody bought games anymore, it wouldn’t hurt? Hell yeah it would.

I don’t care for all this DRM stuff though. I buy my (console) games anyway.

4. Stephany Nunneley

@2 OK, I know this is a Ubisoft title, thus the DRM bit, but what the hell does this post have to do with piracy? Was it mentioned once in the post? No. It wasn’t. /facepalm

5. Yoshi

Dont worry Stephany hes been doing it all day on the ‘Pachter: Respawn “is the ultimate screw-you to Activision”’ topic XD lol

6. Stephany Nunneley

Christ on a peg leg. That’s just uncalled for.

7. endgame

yeah well even though i’m a PC freak as well, i also think he’s kind of like a troll. talking about bdh ofc.

anyway gd stuff there Steph. thks.

question: what’s the difference between recon and sniper? 2nd question: do I really have to watch the movie to find out? :)

8. blackdreamhunk

it’s funny people call me troll. But yet it is the same people same stalking me from thread to thread like for example “Yoshi”

Mustily I stick to pc threads I play console games.
    demonize me all you I don’t care.

People just skip the fact I just prove ubisoft a lot of game devs lairs about pircay. As pc gamer I don’t like ubisoft. I guess a lot of people miss that fact.

9. endgame

bdh u’re an embarrassment to the PC community. learn to spell 1st ffs! i don’t understand anything u’r saying.

10. blackdreamhunk

@endgame

that is your opinion, agin I don’t care what you think. It’s the same old people starting same old garbage all the time. Endgame your must likely a console fan boy. your full of hot air must of you. you start garbage then run that is your kind

people like you are haters and weak sissy you start garbage then run that is your kind

yea must the gaming industry media is a joke!!!!!!!

11. Stephany Nunneley

BDH, just so you have some bit of perspective, the last console game I played was Uncharted 2. Other than that, all I ever play on is a PC. Also, there are a lot of trustworthy media sources in the games industry, so not all are “full of hot” or “must are a joke”. Go look up Jeff Gerstmann if you want to know of at least one who doesn’t bow down to bribery and swag.

12. mington

sims then :P

13. Stephany Nunneley

NVR played a SIMS game as we know them today. Now, telling my age here, I did play SimFarm back when the computer was nothing but a beige box with a green screen that you had to enter commands on, and internet chat was a boring black screen with white letters. So :p back atcha! *wink*