Infinity Ward loses another pair of veteran devs

Tuesday, 13th April 2010 03:24 GMT By Nathan Grayson

modernwarfare2152

Even in the midst of outrage, legal shenanigans, and a web of intrigue that’d make the producers of Lost blush, the time-honored institution that is the buddy system still stands firm. First Jason West and Vince Zampella took off hand-in-hand, then Francesco Gigliotti and Todd Alderman packed each others’ bags, and now veteran programmer Jon Shiring and designer Mackey McCandlish have both said their goodbyes to Infinity Ward.

Shiring – who’d lent his talents to Infinity Ward for nearly six years – announced his departure via Twitter.

After almost 6 years at Infinity Ward, I resigned today. I’m incredibly proud of everything we accomplished and I’m going to miss everyone,” he said.

Meanwhile, Kotaku reports that McCandlish – obviously not as hip and with the times as Shiring – bid his fond farewells via social networking dinosaur Facebook. He’d been toiling away at Infinity Ward for eight years. To put it in perspective, that’s longer than Facebook’s entire existence! We shudder at the thought.

Sure is a good thing Respawn Entertainment opened today, huh? Otherwise, Shiring and McCandlish would be totally out of luck. Weird how frequently total coincidences like these seem to happen, right?

1. Phoenixblight

Soon Activision will just have an empty shell of a studio with a bunch of new hires filling the place.

2. NoxNoctisUmbra

The bigger they get, the harder they fall.

3. The_Deleted

The more who leave, the more damning it looks for Activision.

4. Blerk

Would the last guys out of Infinity Ward please turn off the lights? Thanks.

5. Old MacDonald

“Weird how frequently total coincidences like these seem to happen, right?”

It’s weird how people decide to leave a company they’re not happy in when they know they can immediately get a new job with many of their old colleagues? Really?

6. Blerk

IGN are saying that ‘lead animator Bruce Ferriz has also left’.

7. abbe

Old MacDonald: Did you really miss the irony?

8. Gheritt White

That’s sarcasm, not irony. However, the fact you mis-read sarcasm as irony and pointed it out as such to a fellow reader is kind of ironic.

9. Amored

10. Amored

Awesome!!! Respawn is gonna be the shit! I love the new EA. I just can’t help it!BOW3Pi5rE1@2

11. abbe

Gheritt White: Ah of course, I’m not a native English speaker so sometimes my brain give me the wrong words. :)