Silicon Knights given $4 million boost for new project

Monday, 12th April 2010 09:57 GMT By Johnny Cullen

siliconknightslogo

Silicon Knights has been given $4 million by the Canadian government, giving the Too Human developer a big boost for its newest project.

The money will also see 65 new jobs open up at the studio, with the timeline on the project due within the next two to five years.

“In our industry, you have to be very careful never to announce anything until the right time,” said Silicon Knights head Denis Dyack.

“We can only say it’s a next generation title and a high production value game. That’s all we can say.”

Go fly that maple leaf flag for your industry, Denis. You are a patriot, after all.

The newest project from the studio could be something known as “The Box”. Other then that, nothing is known about Silicon’s next title, although it has signed a publishing deal with Sega for a new game.

Thanks, Welland Tribune and GoNintendo.

1. evilashchris

More Eternal Darkness please!

2. Gheritt White

Please be a sequel to Too Human – PLEASE! We’d all appreciate the comedy *so* much!

3. mington

what happened to the Too human trilogy *snigger

lets hope they have an editing eye this time round

4. evilashchris

I really liked Too Human, but the I may be brain-wrong.

5. Blerk

Egads, something new and different this time, please! Too Human was total and utter cock!

6. evilashchris

It was good! In a weird slightly broken way.

7. mington

i remember the development diary’s, they were so fucking smug, they were acting like they had reinvented the wheel

8. Bulk Slash

Yes, turns out they only re-invented Daikatana.

They’d better have something good this time, depending on how you feel about The Twin Snakes (I thought it was poor) they haven’t made a decent game since 2002.

9. Blerk

It’s one of the few games that I’ve gotten bored of before the end of the demo. So far up its own arse it almost turned itself inside out, and then when you got to the actual game it was just… complete shit. :-D

10. Whizzo

Yes, turns out they only re-invented Daikatana.

Oooh strong words! :-)

11. mington

i played though the mammoth demo, all i remember about it was you couldn’t walk through bushes and it really pissed me off!!!! :)

i probably sound mental, but try the demo again, that was the final nail. I CAN’T WALK THROUGH TINY FUCKING BUSHES!?!!?? RAGEEE

12. elronathon

I seem to remember attack inputs being assigned to the analog sticks…

Is it me or is that mental? Its like they went out of their way to ignore user-input conventions. Try attacking by flicking the analog stick over and over again…its not pleasant. Why you would try and reinvent the wheel when a lot of other things clearly needed work is beyond me…

13. Gheritt White

As for their “unique” control scheme using the analogue sticks for both movement and combat, Rareware had actually done it years before with Grabbed By The Ghoulies… which was a far better game than Too Human, as it happens.

14. triggerhappy686

As much as it pains me to say, I don’t think we will ever see an Eternal Darkness 2…. but something similar would be cool. Remember that “3rd person psychological thriller” they are supposed to be working on??

15. ensabahnur

Wow, i hate to say, but uhh, i liked Too Human. Just saying, i want the sequel, or at least finish the story for me.