Kojima seriously hints at Zone Of the Enders 3 as next KP title

Monday, 12th April 2010 08:35 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Zone of the Enders 2

Hideo Kojima has already entered into “New Title Mode”. And it looks like that new title may just be, at last, Zone of the Enders 3.

Already tweeting about his next game, despite mentioning that “a mountain” of work from MGS: Peace Walker has built up, Kojima said:

“I’m thinking about the casting for my next title.

“The project plan still hasn’t reached a detailed level, but everything is advancing simultaneously in my head.

“Title, game design, story, characters, setting research, the mecha that appear, casting, graphic direction, sound, beginning and ending, the major story sequences. It comes together naturally in my head.”

The one key word that the Metal Gear Solid creator, and series producer of ZOE, drops is “mecha”.

In case you haven’t noticed, Zone of the Enders and its sequel, The 2nd Runner, are both considered to be mecha titles, which sees robots called Orbital Frames with human pilots known as runners fight other known mechs.

Previously, Kojima has said a ZOE sequel was “on top of the list”, further promising a third title in the series soon after.

For now, he’s working on putting on the finishing touches of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for PSP, which releases in June in the UK.

He’s also a producer on Metal Gear Solid: Rising for PS3, 360 and PC. It may get a re-reveal this month.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. Johnny Cullen

Baby Jebus demands this gets a teaser trailer at E3.

2. Phoenixblight

I would sacrifice my second child to get another ZOE. (Not my first one, I kinda like her) :P

3. mington

there’s a big metal gear battle in metal gear solid 4 which is a-maz-ing

if thats what they produced for ‘big robot battle’ a couple of years ago, this could be spectacular

4. BabyJesus

How did you know what I wanted Johnny?

Get outta my head!

5. Johnny Cullen

@3 – It was good, but no where near the level of Zone of the Enders. I hope they keep that out.

@4 – :D

6. mington

i never had a SOE’s game, they were early ps2 titles right? i ddn’t have the console then, i was still living the dreamcast dream.

i loved the scale and the look of the metal gear fight, considering it was just a mini game within a game

anyone played project sylpheed? i fucking loved that game! look it up if you like space shooters

7. mington

holy shit i forgot how good it was

a flawed masterpiece…..maybe i’m going a bit ott :)

8. locus2k1

want!

9. Erthazus

Kojima do it.

It’s probably going to be a PS3 only game, if of course M$ money won’t work out.

10. The Hindle

Id say 50/50 for Ps3 exclusivity for this as on one hand Kojima Productions seem to have gone multi format but then on the other mech games do really shit on the 360.

11. Midnite

@2 Im calling ur wife, just now.

@3 things are not that great if u compare MGS with ZOE

12. jkoz

This needs to happen.

Please, Kojima. Please.

Do NOT drop a hint like that and not have it be ZOE3. Just sayin’.

13. Galactic_Barret

I’d kill for ZoE3. Just thinking about it is making me swoon.

What an erection-inducing series. Except for the original; That one sucked.

14. Johnny Cullen

First one was decent. But the second one was where it was at, innit.