Yerli: “There’s nothing below” 30fps in Crysis 2

Friday, 9th April 2010 15:11 GMT By Johnny Cullen

crysis2

Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli has confirmed to VG247 that “nothing below” 30fps will suffice in Crysis 2.

Speaking with Patrick Garratt at its formal reveal on Tuesday in New York, Yerli said the dev was “looking” at that exact amount from its framerate.

“We’re looking at 30,” he said. “There’s nothing below, nothing…”

Verli further added he was just happy the game was running properly and working well.

“I’m very happy the game works at all,” he said. “I think the amount of push we have and the fact the game works like that puts me in a very happy situation right now.”

Get our part one of our interview with Cevat Yerli here. The second part will go live next week.

While you’re waiting, go read our impressions of the game here. And then watch the trailer here. And have a little wee over it afterwards.

Crysis 2 releases this Holiday season for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. theevilaires

If he had said 60 then I would have been impressed, but hey maybe next gen right.

2. blackdreamhunk

crysis is going to be the best multiplat of the year that is for sure I can’t wait. CE edition for me for sure. :)

man these consoles are dragging pc gaming into the mud. Console gaming holding back pc gaming.

3. David

Oh god we wouldn’t want to drag PC gaming down. It can do that itself just fine :P.

4. JPickford

suffice

5. blackdreamhunk

yea I am sure sony, microsoft and the gaming media is happy. I mean they lie about pc gaming every year

aleast I have project offset to look forward too as well.

I don’t think pc gaming should be dumb down for consoles.

crysis made a lot more than a lot of console game including heavy rain.

6. Goliath

@ theevilaires

Completely agree with you.

7. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I’d be more impressed with 60fps as well, but if they can pull off the graphical level they’re targeting, I think it’ll still look bad ass at 30fps. Wonder what their native res will be. I’d hope 1080p being at only 30fps…

8. blackdreamhunk

lol i bet if they got it to 60 frames it would melt their consoles lol

9. theevilaires

a native 1080p 30fps with those level of graphics…..I don’t think so. No way could it be possible. First off they need the game to run on the 360 also, 2nd the RSX isn’t that powerful even with help from the CELL to help with the graphical work load, and 3rd I have no clue what I’m talking about :D

Lets just wait until next gen and enjoy our free multiplayer while it last :D

10. itsucks

Game is on poopy shitty 3… expect frame-rate all over.

11. blackdreamhunk

@theevilaires

at the rate the tech of pc gaming is going consoles may soon be obsolete. That is if Microsoft and Sony has enough money shell another 10 billion on new consoles lol

more money to burn, few more billions to lose lol

there is word that they want tv’s more like pc to these days.

12. Anders

Yeah, because it’s all about the graphics.

13. blackdreamhunk

pppf graphics is just one part of it

here check out crysis vs cod4

14. TraceableX

Killzone 2 > Crysis

15. Erthazus

@14 That sound so fanboyish.

Graphics engine sucked compare to Cryengine 2
    Singleplayer is total Modern Warfare with futuristic guns ripoff
    Shooter without ballisticks and physics is not a shooter and in Crysis was better multiplayer.

you can’t even customize your weapon.

16. LANKY

“single player is total Modern Warfare with futuristic guns ripoff”

in the sense that its a militery styled FPS yes but it played alot more like Gears of war but with FP view IMHO.
    ————-

“shooter without ballistic and physics is not a shooter”

why does no true scotsman fallacy spring to mind here?? maybe becose a shooter doesnt need ballistics & physics to be classed as a shooter.
    ————

the cryengine (pc) is certainly more impressive then anything on console, wether the cryengine can do the goods on consoles with be interesting to see. i cant realy judge from the recent vid, ill wait untill i get my hands on the final product before judging.