US PS Video Store update, April 8 – Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Friday, 9th April 2010 23:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

lotr

Lord of the Rings nerds are having a fit this week and are running around speaking Elvish and telling poor unsuspecting folks that they “shall not pass” when knocking upon their doors.

It’s with good reason too, because Peter Jackson’s Trilogy has finally made it to Blu-ray, and the US PS Store has it for download for PS3 and from now until April 15 you can get a free LOTR theme when you download it.

However, if you really want all the movies have to offer, you may wish to wait until Jackson and co. release The Hobbit next year, as the extended cut for the Trilogy will be released on Blu-ray, to coincide with the release of Bilbos’s adventure.

That still does not make it right though.

Here’s the list of new HD rivals with the full thing over on the US PS Blog.

• Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel
  • Capitalism: A Love Story
  • Easier With Practice
  • Let Them Chirp Awhile
  • Planet 51
  • The Big Gay Musical
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
  • Up in the Air
  • Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden?

Mára mesta ar’ ná Elbereth veria le, ná elenath dín síla erin rád o chuil lín!

1. Phoenixblight

Can’t even imagine downloading the LOTR triology.

2. Stephany Nunneley

Because it would be so huge, or because you don’t like them?

3. Retroid

“… and telling poor unsuspecting folks that they “shall not pass” when knocking upon their doors.”

So *that’s* why I’m constipated today.

4. Phoenixblight

Both….?

No in all seriousness because how long the movies are and then downloading them on the PSN. *shudders*

5. NoxNoctisUmbra

I would not mind DLing the Trilogy. My internet is pretty fast, I can Download HD 1080p movie off PSN, after few minutes I can stream it seemliness while downloading it. So no problem here. But I will still buy the BLURAY disc once the EXTENDED copies are out. these are the THEATER 3 hour movies not 3 and half hour ones.. I will wait more.

6. Phoenixblight

Doesn’t matter how fast your net is. SOny caps the speed at which you can download it, thats what you get for the free PSN.
    I have 25MB/s download and with PSN and I still Download at 6MB per second.

7. Mike Honcho

^ Believe me, anything above 1mbps download speed would be more than enough for downloading HD movies.

6mbps you say? …… more than enough my friend.