Supreme Commander 2 demo up on Marketplace

Thursday, 8th April 2010 08:26 GMT By Johnny Cullen

supremecommander2

Square Enix has thrown up a taster of Supreme Commander 2 onto Xbox Live Marketplace.

The demo comes in at 586Mb, so it won’t hurt your HDD space. Much.

You can queue it up here.

Supreme Commander 2 released earlier this month for Xbox 360, with a launch last month on PC.

Developer Gas Powered Games are currently working on new RTS Kings and Castles for PC and next-gen consoles.

1. Blerk

I think it speaks volumes about this game’s chances when I can’t even be arsed to try the demo.

2. itsucks

Nop, just speaks a whole about you fanboysm: Greatest RTS on 360 and a decent one to go by on PC Standards.
    PoopyShitty Trip is so crappy it doesn’t even have a good one, go boot Linux to play some circa 95′ RTS cuz that shitty RSX can’t do more. New Firmware… Oh wait, no more YDLOS and bricked POS.

3. Blerk

“Greatest RTS on 360″ is hardly an accolade, though. It’s like saying “best dog turd I ever stepped in”.

4. itsucks

Better than your non-existant Craps on you PieceofShit3. : )

5. Erthazus

@3 Oh hell fucking yes. Supreme Commander 2 is just a pain in the ass and one of the worst strategy games this generation.

the best RTS on consoles in my opinion was WARCRAFT II on PS1 and i still can play it on my PS3. Lol.

I really can’t understand why Sony can’t bring Warcraft II to the PSN + Blizzard could include Multiplayer features. Thats just a pure WIN.

@4Itsucks, i can play on my Playstation 3, playstation 1 classics and you know what?

I can play THE BEST RTS of all time: WARCRAFT II :D

6. WashingtonColeen33

Following my own investigation, millions of persons in the world receive the personal loans at well known creditors. Thence, there’s good possibilities to find a collateral loan in every country.

7. dirigiblebill

Heh heh heh :D

But have you played EndWar?

8. itsucks

Warcraft pales in comparison to Total Annihilation, and lol… playing Warcraft II on a Dumbed Down to eXtreme PSX.

9. Blerk

I’ve not played EndWar, no. But I have to admit to being a bit Clancy-phobic as well as RTS-shy.

10. Erthazus

@8 its the same Warcraft II as the PC version except of a multiplayer. Thats it mate.

Warcraft II is the best RTS of all time :D so PS3 owners can rock on :PP

@7 EndWar sucked huge ass with its camera. It’s another Fail.
    Natal and Move can bring RTS to consoles.

11. dirigiblebill

Blerk:

Some of the Total War chaps worked on EndWar, so if you enjoyed those games I’d suggest checking it out. The voice comm holds up incredibly well. Embarrassing truth: yelling “Unit 3 Attack Bravo” makes you feel like a Real Man. I may even have cracked a semi at one point.

12. Whizzo

I bought EndWar for a fiver a while back and still haven’t got around to playing it. As for RTS in general though I really can’t bring myself to spend too much time trying to play them on console, you seem to be fighting the interface as much as the enemy most of the time.

Plus Company of Heroes isn’t on console and I love it far too much. :-)

13. dirigiblebill

I don’t think RTS comes naturally to console, no, but EndWar (and Halo Wars) are worth investigating if you’ve no option.

14. Mauller

I enjoyed EndWar. I haven’t actually finished it but when I was heavy into playing it, I had a lot of fun. The ability to manually issue orders to one group and also verbally issue orders to a group off screen is nice.