Trials HD is Best Arcade Game of last year, says you

Wednesday, 7th April 2010 10:35 GMT By Johnny Cullen

trialshd

You guys loved Trials HD. You were literally obsessed with it, which is probably why you voted it as the best overall Arcade game of last year.

The RedLynx racer walked away with two awards, with the main overall award and Best Innovation.

Battlefield 1943 also won two awards, Best Co-Operative  Multiplayer and Best Competitive Multiplayer, while Epic’s Shadow Complex also walked away with two awards for Best Solo Game and Best Graphics.

Banjo Tooie won Best Remake/Classic.

Get the full list below, thanks to Nelson. Gratz to RedLynx, Epic, EA, MGS and others who won.

Best Overall Arcade Game: Trials HD

Best Original Game:
Splosion Man

Best Family Game: Hasbro Family Game Night

Best Co-Operative Multiplayer: Battlefield 1943

Best Competitive Multiplayer: Battlefield 1943

Best Solo Game: Shadow Complex

Best Innovation: Trials HD

Best Graphics: Shadow Complex

Best Classic/Remake: Banjo-Tooie

1. Johnny Cullen

RedLynx guys deserve it. Trials was a heck of a game.

I interviewed them last year at my old digs before I went full-time here. They’re honestly good folk.

Grats to them.

2. Blerk

I really wish I could’ve enjoyed Trials, but it just made me spit expletives. Shadow Complex was one of my games of last year, never mind ‘games of XBLA’. So full of awesome!

3. Psychotext

I think the fact that it made me spit expletives is one of the reasons I love it so much. :D

4. Hunam

Trails was a man maker, that’s for sure. But I can’t quite afford to buy a surplus of 360 pads so I skipped trails. I get terrible rage you see :)

5. justiceblob

I loved Battlefield 1943, I into shooters with big maps like that. It makes it a mix of stratagy and skill, instead of running into a room and spraying bullets….

6. Anders

Hell of a game. Don’t know about Best Innovation, though.

7. mojo

desevered and all, np, but best innovation?!

i mean:

?!?

8. DaMan

I didn’t vote.

9. Bulk Slash

I agree with Blerk, Shadow Complex was the better game. Trials was fun in the early stages but it eventually devolved into a frustrating and unrelentingly repetitive experience.

Accelerate -> Crash -> Hit B -> Accelerate -> Crash -> Hit B -> ad nauseum