Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package surpasses 2.5M its first week

Wednesday, 7th April 2010 21:14 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

modernwarfare220

Microsoft has announced that the Stimulus Package for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was downloaded over one million times in the first 24 hours.

It also surpassed the 2.5 million mark within the first week.

According to the PR, MW2 players have also invested more than 1.75 billion hours of gameplay on XBL since November, which equals more than 200,000 years of playing the game.

Looks like a lot of folks agreed with Robert Bowling on the 1,200 MS Point-price of the pack. If not, they downloaded it anyway.

The map pack add-on is currently only available through Xbox 360.

It’s expected to hit PC and PS3 next month.

1. Jedi Mind Tricks

Am I the only one boycotting this thing till the price goes down? I’m not a cheapskate, I just don’t like being gouged.

2. Erthazus

You can make so much money at Xbox Live. 2.5 million clever people bought maps for 15$…

Interesting, how much it’s going to sell at PS3 and PC.

3. Gekidami

Same price probably.

4. reask

I got it day 2 for the little one and it turns out it works on both accounts so not to bad really.
    Also she got 7 days extra gold membership.

I mean if you are playing it a lot its not really that expensive.

@ Giga.

I heard you saying on the bailout video on your site that you were unable to play ffa on new maps.
    If you go to ffa on main menu the new maps actually come up on the rotation.

5. DUFFKING

My mate bought this, he wishes he hadn’t – the 2 old maps are pretty much copy pastes and of the 3 actual new ones he only likes one, finds one passable and hates the other.

6. endgame

nvm

7. loki

wow look like DCL for Xbox 360 make more money than PC port MW2

8. Hunam

I just think map packs cost too much anyway, not just this one. 600 points is all I’d be prepared to pay. Plus it’s not fully integrated yet.

9. polygem

wow…people are really masochistic these days…

10. YoungZer0

Fucking Twats. -.-

11. DeSpiritusBellum

I think I’m gonna fall into the “downloaded it anyway” category. I guess everybody’s trying to find a business model that fits nobody buying PC games anymore.

That being said, one of the things that impressed me the most about MW2 was how cleverly the multiplayer maps were designed.

12. S0meRand0mN00b

just statistics that show how many retards are still playing that piece of shit game :P

13. endgame

@S0meRand0mN00b stop complaining u f**king idiot! it’s good that they have their own game. i would hate to end up playing along side a mw2 n00b in bfbc2. that would really suck.

14. S0meRand0mN00b

@ endgame hey you actualy got a good point :D

15. DeSpiritusBellum

Yeah, people always flock to things that are bad. The reason why no ones playing BC2 is that it’s so awesome, they can’t even comprehend it.

Sharshly, their heads explode. OMGZ.

Bahbah, little sheep.

16. reask

Or maybe Despiritus these guys just cant hack it so call it a noob game. ;)

17. G1GAHURTZ

They don’t seem to have much else better to do with their day other than slag MW2 off at every available opportunity.

It’s quite sad really…

Btw reask, yeah they changed it after I did that video I think. I did a video of Salvage on FFA, but I’d need to play each map a few times before I do a how to play FFA vid for each one.

It’s up now if you want to check it out.

18. reask

Nice one Giga I will certainly have a look later.
    Not a bad map salvage actually.

19. DeSpiritusBellum

@16 Indeed, just don’t even try telling them that.

I like how they always bitch about how difficult MW2 is, with perks and killstreaks (and the majority of people using rifles instead of noobtubes) and then they turn around and claim that it takes no skill. It boggles the mind.

I’m just sat wondering how that whole thing got started. What makes crybabies around the world come together like that? Bobby Kotick? Well, there’s a feather in his cap.

20. G1GAHURTZ

Many people always need something successful to point at and talk bad about for some ridiculous reason.

I think it’s a psychological reaction to a feeling of insecurity and inferiority that causes them to attack others to make them feel better.

There’s nothing wrong at all with voicing your opinion, but there is something wrong with doing it continually to the point where you also attack anyone that disagrees with you.

21. jnelligan