Konami has revealed all the different tie-ins and product placements for Metal Gear Solid:Peace Walker, and some of them are a slight surprising.
At least to us, Axe is a surprise.
It was already revealed today that the game would contain tie-ins to Assassin’s Creed II and Monster Hunter, but apparently, the list is a bit longer.
Here’s what you can expect to find:
- Konami has upped its cross promotional efforts. You’re going to be seeing a whole lot of product placement in and around this solid PSP gaming experience.
- Beverage maker Suntory, which will release limited edition Mountain Dew cans in Japan. Eight special cans will be available on April 27 priced at the standard 120 yen. A password will be on the cans allowing you to input the code in-game to receive a Mt. Dew t-shirt.
- Mountain Dew and Pepsi Nex (Suntory) will appear in-game as recover items.
- Doritos will also be a recovery item.
- Axe deodorant is another recovery item
- Sony and Walkman take the place of Apple and iPod this time around with Walkman devices from the 70s to the present can be used to play back the BGM.
- Famitsu, Dengeki and Shounen Magazines will have in-game items.
- Peace Walker figures will be released by Square Enix under its Play Arts line. The first figure, of Snake in a sneaking suit, will arrive in June. More coming in the summer with prices to be determined.
- Uniqlo shirts will be in-game as well.
All was revealed during the MGS:PW press conference today in Tokyo. You can get the full liveblog of it over on Andriasang.
The game’s out in Japan on April 29, while the US gets it on June 8 and the UK on June 18.