Wed, Apr 07, 2010 | 20:15 BST
Gordon Van Dyke confirms DICE departure, now with Visceral Games
Gordon Van Dyke, the associate producer for the Battlefield games, has announced via Twitter that he has moved to Visceral Games.
Still EA, ya know, when he tweeted his departure on April 1, it was reckoned to be another one of the day’s April Fool follies.
Not so. Here’s a copy of all his tweets regarding the matter, courtesy of Blast Magazine:
- April 1: “I know, April Fools, but yes, I have left DICE. I’m still in EA though & moving back to the Bay Area to be closer to family for a few years.”
- April 2: “Thnx for all the kind words & this wasn’t an April Fools, but I’m still @ EA & will always have a close relationship with my friends @ DICE.”
- April 4: “I can’t say anything about the project I’m starting on, but our Execs always leak stuff to investors during their presentations. ”
- April 4: “Not to burst bubbles, but how does my moving to Visceral Studios in any way equal Battlefield ‘Anything’, it doesn’t so keep guessing. ”
- April 6: “First day at Visceral went great, even though most of it was orientation. I think this project is going to impress & surprise gamers. ”
When contacted by Joystiq, Van Dayke confirmed that he’s helping Visceral with “a new project” and there would be “”more about it later.”
Best of luck to him then.