Natal will sell “millions and millions”, says Greenberg

Monday, 5th April 2010 13:59 GMT By Johnny Cullen

natal2

Natal? It’s going to sell “millions and millions” according to Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg.

Speaking in the latest issue of Edge, Greenberg did say first impressions from the motion camera must be “a magical one”.

“Our focus for launch [for Natal] is on original experiences, built from the ground up. We believe that’s important because the first impression has to be a magical one.”

Greenberg further added: “But because we expect millions and millions of these things to be sold this Christmas, over time developers will know millions of customers have these sensors so they can add functionality to their games.

“So you may see hybrid approaches, but our initial focus is on those unique experiences.”

Natal is due out some time before Christmas, with a special event for it being held at E3 on Sunday, June 13 at the USC Galen Center in LA: the day before Microsoft’s main press event at the Wiltern Theater on Monday, June 14.

Via CVG.

1. Johnny Cullen

Sorry about the lack of news today, chaps.

Being Easter Monday, it doesn’t help a fair bit.

Plus, Monday is always Steph’s day off.

2. Redh3lix

Wow, gotta hand it too him regarding confidence in his product. Cant see it myself.

3. Robo_1

I can’t see too many hybrid games out, given the memory and cpu resources needed by Natal.

4. Razor

@Johnny…Pat makes you work on Easter Monday? He doesn’t half crack the whip… :P

5. Johnny Cullen

:D

6. DaMan

I hope both Natal and Move flop hard.

7. cookiejar

I dislike this guy. Peter Moore on the other hand..

8. Jedi Mind Tricks

The only reason I like Natal news is because we always see the same picture of that lady kicking some balls… and in my mind if i stare really REALLY hard, I think I can see some side boob. Woot!

9. Galactic_Barret

Mmm, side-boob. The best of all semi-conceilled boobage, even beating out boostier cleavage.

10. frostquake

“millions and millions” according to Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg. Self PR..ROFL!!!