Visceral: Dead Space 2 will “scare the pants off you”

Friday, 2nd April 2010 10:09 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Dead Space 2

Best get clean knickers: Dead Space 2 will “scare the pants off you”, according to Visceral producer Rich Briggs.

“It was 100 percent white-knuckle tension,” Briggs told G4, “and we did a lot of research after the fact and people were coming back and saying, ‘I never even listened to the logs sometimes because I was so scared of something jumping me out of a dark corner,’ and we don’t want people to be sacrificing their understanding of the story and their enjoyment of the environment because they’re always so scared.

“To Steve’s [Papoutsis, executive producer for DS2] point, yeah, we are still gonna be a horror game, yes, we are still Dead Space, we’re gonna scare the pants off you as many times as we can, but Issac’s been through this before, so he’s a little bit more capable this time around, he’s going to have some times where he can actually have an epic moment and it is like a rollercoaster ride.”

Yeah, knickers. Go buy some.

Dead Space 2 is out within the first three months of calendar 2011 for PS3, 360, PC and handhelds.

1. Gekidami

Even if i’m wearing a belt?

“But Issac’s been through this before, so he’s a little bit more capable this time around.”

I really wish Issac was a faceless, speechless character you could project yourself onto like he was in the first game. I’ve got the feeling this’ll only have a negative affect on the game.

2. Wakkum

Just started the first game, and absolutely love it. Usually I’m not into horrorgames, but I love this one. It’s like if Alien and Dirty Jobs made a lovebaby

3. daytripper

first game was just pure class, cant wait for this.

4. Enkeixpress

Yeah, sure it will.. :)

5. NoxNoctisUmbra

I never finished the first one, bit intense in scare factor for me.

6. YoungZer0

Light goes out, light goes on, monster in front of you, get scared.

No? Okay. We will try that again.

Light goes out, light goes on, monster in front of you.

… still nothing? Hm. :/

I once nearly shit myself when i was in space and couldn’t hear anything, and right behind me was one of those things.

@1: I think that’s the best idea ever. Videogames have enough boring, stupid, faceless, speechless characters.
    When i play a game i’m playing a role and i’m fine with that.
    Gordon Freeman sucks just as much as Mario, Zelda or Samus.
    It’s just fucking stupid that everytime People talk to you, your character doesn’t answer or gives a comment. That’s just stupid.

In the first one Isaac is there for his girlfriend. He has to show emotion, it’s THE reason why he’s there.

SPOILER: We find out that she’s dead. He just shakes his head. Didn’t love her that much, i guess.

btw. it doesn’t sound like they are going to give him a voice or something. They said he’s going to have his epic moments. Nothing more.

7. Tallon 4

Dead Space Part 1 kicked RESI’s 5 ass.
    Personal thoughts…a great and very underestimated survival horror game. Can’t wait for part 2.

8. N.E.R.D

i have payed part one without even blinking my eye
    lets hope this part make me blinky

9. David

dead space is a great game series. Its horror and scare tactics are best when you turn the lights out crank the sound up and play it on the highest setting. Fear kicks in eventually especially if you are close to death in the game.

10. loki

Hey! What a PC bullshit? Dead Space not develop for PC. Don’t lie people.