SOE: The Agency playable “within weeks”

Thursday, 1st April 2010 07:44 GMT By Johnny Cullen

theagency2

Waiting a long time for SOE MMO The Agency? If new comments from president John Smedley are to be believed, your pain is almost done.

“You are going to see The Agency,” Smedley told GT in a video interview at GDC. “Here’s an interesting comment I’ll make: you’re going something around The Agency very soon, like weeks. And I mean playing within weeks.”

Beta, innit. But what about the full release?

“I don’t want to give an exact time frame when we’re ready to release it. We’re really proud with the progress its made and we’re happy with it internally, but we’re not going to put it out there until we feel like we’ve got something that’s better than everything else, so that’s going to take as long as it takes,” he further added.

The spy MMO was announced back in 2006 for Windows and PlayStation 3.

No date has been given for it yet other than this year.

Thanks, Gekidami.

1. Redh3lix

I suspect to participate in said beta you but be a subscriber to Sony’s new FirstPlay.

2. BraveArse

“Waiting a long time for SOE MMO The Agency?”

Yup, long enough for me to give up on it.

3. Erthazus

The concept of it looks really promising. Its not the WOW killer, but really something new in MMO universe.

We need EVERQUEST III! SOE BRING US EVERQUEST III and kill WOW damn it. You have so much potential.

4. Gekidami

From what i’ve seen it looks like something that would compare more to APB then most other MMO’s.

5. DrDamn

Ah so this is you April 1st story :)

6. Blerk

Weird that this pops up just a couple of days after I said we hadn’t heard squat about it for months and months. :-D

7. Robo_1

Hey, when the 2 time VG247 poster of the year speaks, publishers take notice. :D

8. Blerk

If they send me a PS3 I might even play it! :-D

9. unacomn

I registered for the beta two years ago.
    I’m a shoe-in!

10. DrDamn

It’s been so long the shoe no longer fits though ;)

11. daytripper

been looking forward to this for a while

12. blackdreamhunk

we will see what the game play is like,after all it’s soe!