EGM cover hints at Metal Gear Solid: Rising re-reveal

Thursday, 1st April 2010 13:20 GMT By Johnny Cullen

MGS Rising 2

Looks like Metal Gear Solid: Rising is having another coming out party, if the next cover of EGM is a hint.

The game is listed on the front cover of the newly-returned magazine alongside Gears of War 3 – but you already knew about that, didn’t you?

Rising’s gone quiet since its reveal at E3 last year, when Hideo Kojima appeared at the Microsoft press conference to show the game for the first time with a teaser featuring MGS2′s Raiden. It’s since been confirmed it’ll be on PS3 and PC as well as 360.

Kojima Productions said last September that no more of Rising will be mentioned until E3 this coming June, but it looks like the re-reveal’s been brought forward by a good few months.

We’ll find out what will be in the mag concerning the game come soon: the first issue of the new EGM is set to drop at some point next month.

1. daytripper

MGS4 is a great game but one big brain fuck for me with regards to the cut scenes, they were long, I couldnt get into them, I couldnt understand what everything was about and I ended up skipping some of them. My main problem with a lot of Japanese stuff, the dialouge and story can be confusing (like FFXIII) and hard to get into and I hope Rising will be a bit more easy to approach.

2. Razor

No-one wants Raiden.

3. Erthazus

I want Raiden. but i want KOJIMA INVOLVED in this title and he is just a producer…

T_____________T

4. Johnny Cullen

Say what you want about him in MGS2, Raiden was fucking awesome in MGS4.

Truth be told, I didn’t see the fuss in him in MGS2. It was Rose that did my head in.

“Jack, do you know what day it is?” – THE FUCKING DAY I MURDER YOU, BITCH! :D

5. Erthazus

@4 ahahaha :D

but he is not Raiden actually. You failed and i won’t tell why, there is a little secret. :)

6. mojo

im concerned about “Lightnign Bolt Action”. Sounds like too much Aktion for a MGS Game if u ask me.
    Tactical Espionage Action sounds more sexy!

7. Dr.Ghettoblaster

EGM is back? Cool.

8. Bulk Slash

I hated Raiden the first time I played MGS2, mainly because I thought I was buying Metal Gear Solid 2, not Metal Gear Raiden. I actually rushed through the game because I wanted to get back to playing as Snake, not realising that Raiden was supposed to be the main character.

The second time I played through MGS2, I was over the nasty surprise and I grew to quite like Raiden. My main reason for hating the game after that was the awful story, which culminated in that silly cut-scene on top of Arsenal Gear, where each of the surviving bosses reveals to the others that really they were double-double-crossing all of them! After the excellent story in MGS1, MGS2 was a huge let down.

So while I’d rather have a “proper” Solid Snake MGS game, I’ll definitely give Raiden a chance… as long as Kojima isn’t allowed near the story. ;)

9. YoungZer0

@4: Got that right. I remember a few scenes in particular: “Jack, I’m so lonely. I’m always alone …” “THERE WAS NOTHING IN YOUR ROOM! YOUR ROOM IS YOUR HEART!” “Jack I’m a Robot!”

@5: What are you talking about?

10. Erthazus

@9 True Metal Gear Solid fan know what i’m talking about ;) if i will tell you its not going to be interesting. But he is not Raiden. Its a little hint.

@8 Kojima is not making this game.

I don’t understand. People hyped so much about Rising, but thats not a KOJIMA game. Its going to be made by absolutely new team in Kojima Productions and they are going to test it in new areas like PC and X360

11. theevilaires

Ummm Erthazus I’m the most hardcore MGS fan and I still don’t know what you are talking about.

12. Erthazus

@11 then you are not a fan. :)

13. Aimless

“—fic writer”?

Raiden is Raiden. I can’t recall a single hint to the contrary.

14. Erthazus

@13 because Kojima want you to think that. :D If you know Kojima and Kojima games, you would not think like that straight forward and there is a little hint about that and only True Hardcore Metal Gear fans know it. :D

I know only that he is not Raiden, who he is i really don’t know (I have only 1 example of what that guy can be and probably will be, but thats not for 100%.)

Rising will be ve-ery interesting, even if it is not a Kojima game :D Still Metal Gear Solid. Tasty :D

15. Gekidami

I know what Erthazus is referring to…

16. YoungZer0

He’s just bullshiting. It’s April 1th after all.

17. theevilaires

yup April fools day prank = Lame and treason against MGS

18. Aimless

Wait, is this the eye colour thing? In which case you’re saying that the star of Rising is not Raiden, which I agree is plausible; it’s a suitably ludicrous and unwarranted plot twist.

From your earlier post it seemed that you were saying the Raiden in Sons of Liberty wasn’t the same person as that in Guns of the Patriots.

19. Erthazus

@16 no, i really not. Its just there is a real hint to that and Kojima tried to show it TWICE and my best friend got that hint too. We both hardcore fans of the series.

But the real shocking stuff will be if this character will be what i think… And if its real you all going to cut your head. I mean, its going to be shocking really.

20. Erthazus

@18 TSSSSSSSSSSS…. quiet! The eye color is one hint and there is another, much bigger hint. MUCH bigger that goes to the character that we are going to play.

Keep it for yourself if you know something. Really, but its going to be fucking shocking as always. KOJIMA style ;)

21. get2sammyb

So if you guys are all so blissfully aware of the “hints”, why aren’t you making them public and winning Internet fame with your extraordinary MGS know-how?

22. Yoshi

@1 i thought the cutscenes were sexy as fuck lol XD strange really, im not into Heavy Rain but i love the MGS cutscene… maybe its just somethin about snake ;D lol

23. Erthazus

@21 whats the point of it being famous at the internet? I know some stuff and my friend know it. We share and thats fun. + I’m not Pachter and its much better for a public to experience that shock.

Still its interesting and i still need to know a time frame in Metal Gear Solid: Rising
    If it is after MGS 4 then i’m probably right, if its not, still its a possibility. Maybe Peace Walker will give some hints but probably NOT, because its too early for Alaska’s Fox Archipelago. There is actually something strange going on between MGS 2 and MGS 4 time. So i still need to figure it out. I have two notebooks for a story and one sketch-book for a possible stuff.
    I know for 100% that he is not Raiden and know something else too he hee :)

So its going to be fun and HELL of a character ;) so Prepare for a Metal Gear solid: RISING

!

24. Galactic_Barret

Raiden was awesome in MGS2 and MGS4. You know, ‘Jack the Ripper’ and all that. Never got the Rose hate either. Every time she would open her mouth, I’d get the ‘just like a woman’ feeling and leave the room. (I may have just recieved my answer)

Rose had the edge, though, because at least you could fast forward whatever she was saying.

25. YoungZer0

@20: Sorry, but this one artwork with the eyecolor was updated, it’s blue now.

26. Erthazus

@25 You think, that i don’t know that? :)
    It was updated, but old one is still there.

So its probably going to be co-op by the way. (i think)

And eyes is not a big hint actually, normal person who played MGS 2 or MGS 4 should atleast notice something like that at E3 2009 + already from that trailer i knew there will be an updated version of it. You think that i don’t know that? Silly. Ha ha-a.

27. BIG BOSS

@26, incorrect.

It’s been confirmed way back in a KP report that it is indeed Raiden, not Gray Fox or anyone else. If it does turn out to be someone else, we have been lied to, and that would be great, but I don’t think that will happen.

28. Erthazus

@26 Prooflink then?

and he is not a Gray fox. ;)

29. BIG BOSS

@28 If you’re such a fan, you would listen to the KP report. I don’t know the exact episode, it’s just after the E3 announcement.

Delve through the archives if you wish, around June, July time.

30. Erthazus

@29 Oh that? It is when Hideo announced that he is just producer and he is indeed Raiden?

Well yeah, its the same stuff like with Metal Gear Solid 2. We all knew for 100% that we are going to play Snake.

I want to believe that :d but until the release date of the game there is still a big hint that he is not Raiden and another hint about a character (big hint).

31. BIG BOSS

No but with MGS2, we were never shown footage of anyone other than Snake, whereas here we have all seen the pictures of Raiden. If it’s not him then we have indeed been greatly lied to.