Cliff Bleszinksi to debut new game next week

Thursday, 1st April 2010 03:26 GMT By Nathan Grayson

gears22b

But there’s a catch: you’ll have to watch Jimmy Fallon’s Late Night show to find out about it.

Not so excited now, are you?

Game designer Cliff Bleszinski debuts his new game on Late Night next Thur. Set your TiVos! And your Xboxes,” tweeted Jimmy Fallon, presumably before turning to stare at some imaginary camera and laughing at his own joke out of reflex.

That’s April 8, for those of you who don’t believe in calendars. So, to quote Eurogamer’s Ellie Gibson: “Gears of War 3 Gears of War 3 Gears of War 3?” [Bang on cue, then - JC].

Well, to answer your… that’s sort of a question, we guess, signs point to yes. What signs? Well, try the cover of the newly resucissitated EGM, for one. See that block of text that Ryu’s getting ready to punch? Now direct your eyes toward the top of it. “Gears of War 3,” it says.

Magazine covers don’t lie. Ever. Gears of War 3′s gonna be announced next week.

Thanks, Shacknews.

(It could also be People Can Fly’s Bulletstorm. But we highly, highly doubt it.)

1. Bremenacht

It’s gotta be baaaaaddd aasssss

2. NoxNoctisUmbra

This time I wanna see it on PS3 as well. Because if its only 360, I wont buy it.

3. Johnny Cullen

Correction: It’s gonna be bigger, better and more badass.

4. Yoshi

‘Also, bigfoot is real, Lady GaGa’s a man, and Elvis is still alive. Huh. Could Lady GaGa be Elvis in disguise? Only one way to find out for sure. To the magazine rack! ‘

Haha i love it :P To the magazine rack! XD

5. Mike

dood hoog is gonna announce gowfree. Woohoo!

6. Erthazus

I don’t think so that it is Gears Of War 3. I mean, i remember they started a new game no?

7. Blerk

It’s Gears of Love. Marcus and Dom finally get it on.

8. Patrick Garratt

I’d be very surprised if this was Gears of War 3.

9. JonFE

To set things straight (hello Blerk), I’d love it to be GoW3, but…

…is Jimmy Fallon’s Late Night Show the most appropriate place they could come up with to announce something like this?

I mean E3 is just around the corner…

:?

10. Gekidami

I’m sure MS would be publishing Gears 3, and they’d want it at their E3 show. So i doubt its that.

11. Robo_1

Totally agree. Gears 3 would be a real jewel in MS’s E3 show, why let that slip out of the gate early, and if it’s a new IP from Epic that’s MS exclusive, I’m sure they would want that at their E3 booth too.

My money is on a new multiplatform IP. God knows they need a decent new showcase title for Unreal engine 3, what with Crytek stealing all the limelight with their new engine, and making it another 360 exclusive would be a quite serious blow to their status as a cutting edge multi platform engine developer.

12. Erthazus

@11 I hope Crytek will steal Epic slice of pie. I just hope.

13. daytripper

my money is on a new XBLA title, due to the success of shadow complex

14. Quiiick

Headline: It’s Cliff Bleszinski, not Cliff Bleszinksi !!!

15. Stephany Nunneley

As much as I like Gears, Epic, and Billy Cliff, I refuse to watch Jimmy Fallon anything.

16. McNeelyJ

Is this an April fools joke? It is April 1st.

17. MushroomStamp

I’ll just read about it on VG247.. no need to watch that garbage show.

18. AHA-Lambda

I think it IS gears 3.

The runour just fits TOO much! PLus Major nelson’s and aaron greenbergs twitters now confirm this news so it is def a 360 exclsuive affair.

And let’s face it they are not going to show a new IP on a primetime US tv show.