Take Two issuing settlements over Hot Coffee

Tuesday, 30th March 2010 09:58 GMT By Johnny Cullen

San Andreas

Take Two’s now voluntarily issuing cheques to anyone offended by Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas’s infamous Hot Coffee scenes.

T2 is sending out settlements from as low as $5 to $35 for anyone who was “affected” by the original disc print, which has since been replaced with an edited version. With that sort of money, you could buy your own hot coffee. And a sticky bun.

The Hot Coffee scenes were found on the PC version first by a modder in 2006, before a total recall was made by Take Two over San Andreas for PC, PS2 and Xbox.

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. Redh3lix

The Hot Coffee minigame was found by PC modders, and for console, via hackers…. and they’re “offended”…. lol, “I’m look to get PAID mutha*****” more like.

2. Hunam

Why are americans afraid of sex?

3. Redh3lix

Thought us Brit’s were supposed to be? Personally, I’d rather be having sex than typing this.

4. Hunam

Nah, we’re stiff upper lip about talking about it, but when the curtains are shut we like to get stiff and put it in her lips.

5. Eregol

What sort of proof are they asking for regarding the offense caused to me?
    Can I just call, tell them I was offended and get a cheque for £1000?

6. Hunam

It only goes up to $15, and you had to send in an angry letter back in the day I think.

7. Sini

Hot damn i gotta get in on this action, that’s almost half a game. Right after I sue McDOnalds for bringing me coffee that was too hot.

8. Jedi Mind Tricks

americans aren’t afraid of sex, it’s just the crusty old white christian politicians… man I’m bitter

9. Gekidami

“It’s just the crusty old white christian politicians”

…Most Americans then, but without the ‘politician’ part.