Battlefield 1943 fastest to 1 million on XBLA, PC version “soon”

Monday, 29th March 2010 19:00 GMT By Patrick Garratt

battlefield1943

EA just said Battlefield 1943 has become the fastest game to reach 1 million sales on Xbox Live Arcade.

The shooter, currently priced at $15, hit the target after being released in July 2009.

A promised PC version is still yet to materialise: this just-released PR says it’ll be available “soon”.

“The reception of Battlefield 1943 continues to amaze us, even months after the game was released,” said producer Gordon Van Dyke.

“Being the fastest game to reach this milestone is an incredible achievement. The game has set a new standard for what can be done in the downloadable games category. It’s fantastic to see how gamers have recognized the value that the game delivers for just $15. It is another great entry point into the Battlefield franchise.”

1. loki

PC version “soon”, oh no, PC losers still wait

2. M337ING

@ loki

“PC losers” are currently having too much fun playing the best version of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 to care.

3. _S_E_R_G_

M337ING +1.

soon = 1 year :p

4. clynchehaun

seems like a lost opportunity that they didn’t realise anymore maps.

5. DeSpiritusBellum

Should be cool to see what the 1943 hubub is all about. If they stick to the 15 buck pricepoint you’d almost have to check it out.

@2 If that’s the best, I’d hate to see the console version. I’m running everything maxed out and it still looks grainy and halfbaked.

I’ve read a lot of posts saying it’s because it’s a badly done port, but I have no way of verifying that.

6. Gekidami

Apparently the PC version isnt a port. The game dosnt look bad, but its hardly got “Uncharted 2 level visuals” like the devs said it did.

7. Grimrita

The pc version has been ‘soon’ since I bought this under wear I am wearing and have refused to take off until the PC version has been released.

Its now 2010 and I bought them in 2008!

8. Gekidami

DICE never supported the game, and they’ve since released a ‘better version’ of it. I know PC gamers are grasping for decent games to play but seriously, pass up on this crap and just stick to BC2.

9. Grimrita

@ 8.
    tbh I totally agree. Despite Bad company 2 being very slow in terms of server searching, and its crazy unlock/no prone system in place, I actually am having a blast playing it online.

The graphics are amazing thanks to dx11 and the game play is fast paced and fun.
    I hated the beta as it was shocking but its amazing what a few tweaks can do!

10. kinny999

Shame the servers for this are sooooooo god awful on xbl.
    Can count the number of lag free games i’ve had on this in the 4 months or so i’ve had it on one hand!