Resistance 3 pops up in a survey from Sony

Saturday, 27th March 2010 16:50 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

resistance2a7

Sony has handed out a survey asking all sorts of questions, but namely a couple having to do with Resistance 3.

A screen of the survey can be found over on Joystiq, and looking over it you will see two questions posed regarding a third installment in the series.

• “Do you think that there is a future version of Resistance, Resistance 3, being developed?”
  • “If it was being developed, how likely are you to purchase the future version of Resistance, Resistance 3 for the PS3?

While the questions are meant to relay just how interested PS3 users are in a new Resistance game, it’s no secret that the game has been rumored to be in development since a billboard for it popped up on the set of a film last October.

Then, earlier this month, Sony was primed to announce a new game sequel in development via GTTV which got the net all in a tizzy thinking it was the reveal of Resistance 3.

Instead, the announced game was SOCOM 4.

Insomniac is currently at work on “more than one game” at the moment, so it’s feasible Resistance 3 could be one of them.

We’ll just have to wait and see. Maybe E3 will give us the goods. Or not. We’ll find out in June.

1. Erthazus

Resistance games for me were MEH at best. Good graphics, interesting weapons and interesting big bosses. Thats it.

2. Phoenixblight

I only played the first one but from what I played I liked it. Gamefly never sent the second game and I eventually cancelled the service so I never had the chance to play it.

3. The Hindle

Why Sony keep the Resistance franchise i dont know as they dont need both Killzone and this. The two franchises are very similar.

4. Erthazus

They are not similar. Its two different games. Just First Person shooter genres.

5. The Hindle

Really both involve post apocalptic universes both share the same coulour palette. Both have a big emphasis on online shooting as well. Out of the two franchises Kilzone is the strongest as they could do a lot with the Killzone engine. Resistance needs to be retired id say.

6. reask

Man If KZ is the better of the 2 I wont be playing my RFOM games that are sitting there since Xmas.
    I am on the fifth chapter of KZ2 atm and am not that impressed at all.
    Well made game but just finding it boring for the most part.
    I will continue with it to see does it get better as I have seen some folks say it takes a while to pick up.

7. AHA-Lambda

They are decent games really but yeah I would still play R3 though.

8. The Hindle

Thats my opinion Reask and its a pretty biased one towards the Resistance franchise never really liked personally. Killzone 2s engine was good shame about the game imo. They could make a killer game though using those graphics.

9. The1stMJC

Loved Resistance 1 and Resistance 2 just seemed so heartless so I would probably just rent a Resistance 3.

10. Monk

I think Sony well keep creating shooter, for counter American
    gamers who loves Shooter more than other and remove carpet from
    Xbox 360.

more shooter with quality, more Gamers you well of course.

11. reask

Yeah TH its well made in the graphics and the shooting mechanism is good but so far It just hasn’t impressed me game play wise.
    Very repetitive I feel but I intend to stick with it for another while as I know these games can really pick up further on into them.

I have played the first mission of RFOM 2 and thought it to be OK so I probably will play them at some stage.

12. justiceblob

I really enjoyed Resistance 2… Bit short, but well made. And that fight with the giant thing in Chicago was AMAZING

13. onlineatron

Resistance FoM was fun but suffered from being a launch title.

Resistance 2 was fun but changed a bit too much for my liking and felt half arsed in some areas (despite having some great moments)

I’d like to see Resistance 3 in development for a bit longer than 2(ish) years this time around. I would like to see Insomniac spend their time on it and make it an action packed, spectacular flagship title.

14. Gekidami

Yes, R2 did feel rushed and unpolished. It had great multiplayer potential but the weapons on offer were unbalanced and poorly made. One example is the sniper rifle that didnt have any bullet traversal and no recoil so it was insanely over used and over powered.