Infinity Ward: “Morale is high” despite Zampella/West layoffs

Thursday, 25th March 2010 16:17 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Infinity Ward

Infinity Ward’s Rob Bowling has insisted that “morale is high” at the studio, despite the surprising layoffs of ex-leaders of the studio, Jason West and Vince Zampella.

Speaking to GamesRadar on the upcoming release of the first map pack for Modern Warfare 2, Bowling said the studio is carrying on as normal.

“Morale is high, because we’re really excited to get this DLC out,” he said. “Any time we’re just about to launch something out to the community, morale boosts up, because you’re excited to see what your players think of it, and to watch them get on there and see what tactics they come up with.”

He further added: “Right now, you know, we’re all focused on getting this DLC out, and that’s great for us, I mean it’s business as usual, which is the best thing that can happen at a time like this.

“That’s where our focus always wants to be, and that’s where it is right now. Things are good when we’re making games we love for people who love to play them.”

Earlier this month, Zampella and West were fired from Infinity Ward by Activision due to an unknown “insubordination”. The pair are now suing the company for $36 million, as well as full control of the Modern Warfare IP.

The Stimulus Package for Modern Warfare 2 releases on Tuesday.

1. Razor

We believe you Rob.

2. Hunam

Hahahahah.

Bullshit.

3. NGCes26294BIV

Kotick: “Rob, we need you to tell the community that it’s business as usual here. We need to sweep this mess under the carpet.

Bowling: Nuh uh. I’m not saying shit. The community trust me and I’m going to tell them the truth. You’ll have such a massive revolt on your hands you’ll have to reinstate West and Zampella.

Kotick: I’ll give you $50,000, and I’ll officially let you call yourself a creative strategist.

Bowling: Sweeeeet. It’s done – I’m that good. I’m hooked up to Facebook connect with a custom Twitter integration. My words are solid.

4. DeSpiritusBellum

@1 Lulz

Hopefully next time they release DLC for a shooter it’ll be under a different name and through a different publisher. And it won’t cost you a weeks pay in Poland.

5. McLovin85

I’m looking forward to when IW get the royalties they deserve and then watching about 90% of the workforce just walkout with a big “Fuck you very much Kotick” T-shirt on.

6. JimFear666

lol its not like he will say “everyone is depress here at infinity ward”

7. The_Villa

Rob Bowling: I will say that the morale is high, but stop pointing that damn gun at me!
    Kotick: You’re doing well my young aprentice.

8. YoungZer0

Ah, fuck you IW. Nobody gives a shit about your morale stuff.