Rank cap for Blur Beta increased with new mode and cars

Wednesday, 24th March 2010 17:40 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

blur

Activision and Bizarre Creations announced today that the multiplayer rank cap for the Blur Beta has been increased from 10 to 15, and the experience has been expanded with the addition of new content.

With the increase, players will now have the ability to unlock new cars, additional mods and a new challenge pack:

• Cars: Corvette ZR1 (Class B), Koenigsegg CCX-R (Class A)
  • Additional Mod: Iron Fist (Increases damage of a Power-up hit), Last Gasp (Player fires a Barge when Wrecked)
  • Additional Challenge: Demolition Challenge Pack (16 new challenges)

The Beta launched on March 8, and the game is set for release on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 May 25 and May 28 in the US and UK respectively, with DLC coming not long after launch.

Check out the screens of the sexy car and the mod below.

1. Bikki

This game sucks badly.

2. Robo_1

Really? I’m interested to hear more opinions on it.

3. RoarrrUK

I’m afraid to say I found it boring. Had the beta for a few weeks now. It feels so sluggish, graphics are drab, powerups are all well and good but the gameplay is so shallow. It’s Mario Kart for the 10′s without the character.

I’ve heard a lot of praise but I couldn’t like it.

4. Eon

Aha, I’m pleased to see this. This game wasn’t on my radar, didn’t look impressive but after trying the beta I absolutely love it and it’s a day one purchase for me :D

5. itsucks

trolls, try harder… you don’t even have the console to play it thats why you’re so butthurt, loooool.

6. renegadegd

i really liked this game. the only problem i feel is, after playing forza, this game feels like it lakes alot of content. and will get repetitive after a while. if you have a group of friends to play with, i could see it keeping its appeal. at lest until you hit the level boundary. in the beta as soon as i hit level 10, i stopped playing. now its up to 15, i will def get back into it.

7. G1GAHURTZ

I just watched some vids of the beta. At first, it looked cool, but then I realised that street racing games with track boundries bore me.

It’s like being given a pizza, but only being allowed to eat the crust.

The gameplay looks fine, other than at the start of the track that I saw, where it seems to always be a mess of people using power ups before someone can take the lead.

8. Tallon 4

Demo was great! Fast paced action…pure fun….no lag….had a great time! This is Mario Kart with real cars.
    Day one!

9. RoarrrUK

@itsucks
    Whatever.

10. xino

forget this game, everyone get Split/Second man

11. renegadegd

my game (beta) updated but the level cap has not been increased.