Modern Warfare 2 “Stimulus Package” gets first footage

Wednesday, 24th March 2010 11:35 GMT By Johnny Cullen

modernwarfare241

Are you hardcore for Modern Warfare 2? Willingly want to pay a lot of MS points for the Stimulus map pack next week? Hit the break for first footage.

The video shows three out of the five maps included in the pack – like Bailout, Storm and Salvage – with two classic maps from Modern Warfare 1 included, like Crash and Overgrown.

The footage comes from the Inside Xbox channel in the US. Get it below.

The map pack releases on Tuesday for 1,200 MS Points on Xbox Live, with it due to release at least 30 days later for PS3 and PC.

Thanks, Ve3tro.

1. Moonwalker1982

More like Camp of Duty anyway, totally done with this game. Since i’ve been playing BC2, i see how much better it is. Plus, the price of just three new maps and two old maps is ridiculous.

2. _S_E_R_G_

1 map = $5
    lol

+2 old ones.

3. polygem

@1: 100% agree

4. Sunshyme

Camping it is, always has been. But it’s hard to compare an arcade shooter with an tactical team shooter like BC2. Different sub genres, different games/gameplay.

5 bucks a map is quite a lot, however, being able to play two great maps from the first MW in MW2 is also worth its price.

No need to get the map pack, but I’m sure a hell of a lot of people will. Count me in. :P

5. Sardauk

I will ! Screw what the haters say. It will sell well, no matter the price.

6. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I wonder if the COD4 maps are identical to their originals or if they’ve been graphically updated at all.

7. polygem

@5: you´re probably right…and thats too bad, because it will show activision and a lot of other publishers that people are willing to pay fantasy prices for mediocore dlc if it´s the right franchise…so there won´t be a reason for them to sell future dlc´s for 800 anymore. my opinion is that the only choice as a customer is not to buy overpriced products.

8. _S_E_R_G_

mod tool = all MW1 maps –free–> MW2

9. DeSpiritusBellum

It is a ripoff, but I’m still enjoying MW2, so I guess I’m gonna have to concede to Das Kapital on this one.

@1 Yeah, be sure to tell that to all the guys hiding in attics, hugging their ammo packs and firing grenades at the guys who actually dare to move around in BC2.

Fact is, every online shooter has campers, and people who try to beat the game rather than the other players. If that bothers you, you should play a different kind of game.

@4 I totally choked on that tactical part. Where on earth is the tactical element to BC2? It’s about as tactical as Rambo V, and if anything it’s even more random than Call of Duty.

10. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I’d like to chime in on the whole “camping” subject. I agree, people who stay in one spot (especialy spawn points) are annoying to all other people playing “normal”. Having said that, I don’t think you need to be constantly running around like a chicken with your head cut off either, and there’s nothing wrong with taking a breather once in a while in a static location waiting for the enemy to come to you. So, I guess, camping then would have to be definied by how LONG you stay in the static position…?

11. DeSpiritusBellum

@10 Well, if you look at real army tactics they’re more or less based on camping, so it really is a grey area.

To me the major difference is between the guy who just sits in the corner for 5 minutes doing absolutely nothing, and the guy who’s simply covering his arcs, or watching a very active spot while the going is good.

If I get hit hard in either BC2 or CoD I’m going to find the most inconspicuous, easily defended corner and huddle down until I regen, but then I’m up and running again.

In CoD it does make more actual tactical sense to cover certain areas for longer, since the game requires you to form a “frontline” with your team, unless you want to get hit from all sides at all times.

12. Dralen

You mean we have to pay for it!!!!??? What!!!!????

13. Sunshyme

@9 Of course it ain’t a real tactical shooter, but the BC multiplayer modes are focused on teamplay en objectives rather than the highest killstreak. It hilarious watching MW2 players in BC2, when they’re just camping for kills in stead of winning a game. :P That’s a difference.

14. DeSpiritusBellum

@13 I guess I shouldn’t take the fanbait but… I think it’s remarkable how BC2 fanboys tend to slam MW2 for things that are either just as bad, or far worse with their little baby.

Campers? Just as common as ever, and noobtubing campers actually get rewarded with infinite ammo, so they don’t have to leave. Ever.

Noobtubers? Only every other player, and in BC2 not even the walls will save you.

And if you’d ever played MW2 in the first place, you’d have noticed that it actually offers more cooperative game modes than BC2.

BC2:
    4 Modes
    3 Coop
    1 DM

MW2:
    17 Modes
    11 Variations on DM
    6 Variations on Coop (Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, HQ, Bombplanting/Defuse)

I’m thinking you should stop taking your talking points from the internet chatter, and start forming your own oppinions. It’s way more fun than being just another fanboy.