Rocksteady reckons that a Bane game could be “really crazy”

Tuesday, 23rd March 2010 20:51 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

batmanarkhamasylum

Fresh off its BAFTA Game of the Year win for Batman: Arkham Asylum, Rocksteady’s studio director Sefton Hill chatted a bit with VideoGamer about sequels.

Currently working on the follow-up to Batman, if the firm were to do another superhero adaptation, Hill reckons that Bane would be the most crazy of the bunch.

“I think one of the things about working on Batman is that you really get to see how good all the villains are,” he said. “I really think there’s scope to take some of those villains, even some of the not-so-famous ones like Bane, who has a phenomenal backstory, and really work on turning that into something original and fresh.

“That’s kinda of something [that would be] less popular, but something that could be really interesting and exciting. That could be crazy.

“For us as a developer… we’re not a mission pack developer. We always want to surprise, we want to come up with something new. That’s the challenge for us now, you know? It’s something that drives us.

“When I get up in the morning, when I go to bed at night, I want to be excited by the drive of creating new and original experiences. So for the [Batman] sequel, for everything that we do, we want to make something new.”

Sure Bane would be fun, but what about Clayface or Killermoth there Hill? Maybe even a little Maxie Zeus. Now that would be…interesting to say the least.

A GOTY edition of Arkahm Aslylum lands in Europe Friday, and on May 23 in the US.

1. onlineatron

Make it! Make it NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

2. Gekidami

The Adventure of Bane.

Tips: Getting hit by a Batarang when charging will make you crash straight into a wall and leave you vulnerable. Be careful!

3. The1stMJC

Please Rocksteady don’t scare us it may sound cool in theory, but I hope it just stays there.

4. Gekidami

This is what the DLC should have been imo. We got the Joker but no one else in later DLC. Really is a missed chance from the dev.

5. SunKing

Well, they kind of went the Batman & Robin route with the Bane character in Arkham Asylum. So, haven’t they already wasted the opportunity?

6. Hunam

Not really. Everyone can always escape :)

7. DeSpiritusBellum

… So would Bane go around dodging fifteen copies of himself every 5 minutes?

I’m so not hating on the Batman, it’s the best game I’ve played on the 360, but there was still quite a bit of repetition and variations on the same gameplay.

I’m up for any game featuring a villain as the main protagonist though. Batman is such a square.