Wii Vitality Sensor for new Zelda is possible, says Miyamoto

Monday, 22nd March 2010 15:41 GMT By Johnny Cullen

zeldaartmain

Shigeru Miyamoto has revealed the new Legend of Zelda for Wii may use the Vitality Sensor.

Speaking with gamesTM before accepting his BAFTA Fellowship on Friday, he said its inclusion into the game is possible.

“Whenever we are going to use any new device it is possible to expand the appeal to those who are new to the videogaming world,” said Miyamoto.

“At the same time, however, it is also fun to think of ways in which we might apply that new technology to existing forms of gameplay – just like the way we are working on the new Legend Of Zelda together with Wii MotionPlus.”

Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma said earlier this year the game will exclusively use WiiMotionPlus.

Miyamoto further added: “Maybe you might like to ask me to incorporate the Vitality Sensor into Zelda so that as you become more scared, the enemies become even tougher.”

No exact release date has been given for the game yet, but it is expected to be out by the end of this year, according to Nintendo president Satoru Iwata.

Whatever happens, it will be at E3.

Thanks, Nowgamer.

1. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Better wait for the Vitality Sensor – Twin Turbo Plus edition

2. mington

:) Yeah, the ‘Vitality Sensor+’ that attaches to the ‘main vein’

3. Blerk

Bloody norah, what next? :-(

4. Erthazus

So thats how they are going to sell that piece of shit.

People here fighting: MOVE IS BETTER or NATAL IS BETTER

but absolutely everyone forgot about Vitality Sensor that sucks ass.

5. onlineatron

Ever the optimist (HA!) I’m actually quite interested in the Vitality sensor.

I know it will probably be used exclusively for fitness purposes… but I would be interested to see some sort of horror game that measures your pulse and reacts to it.

6. Dannybuoy

I’d rather put my finger up… actually forget it.

7. triggerhappy686

pft… im not even slightly interested in this new zelda any more, it was ruined for me when they announced motion plus exclusivity. now they say it will take my pulse as well? this sounds shit, really shit