Secret God of War website pops up – what’s it for?

Friday, 19th March 2010 08:21 GMT By Johnny Cullen

godofwarIII3

Get a platinum for God of War III, and this happens.

A website is revealed to you when you unlock the trophy, known as “Spartans Stand Tall”. It shows some sort of compass and not much else.

What’s it for? Only God himself – and Sony Santa Monica – truly knows.

It does mention “God of War III” in the footer bar on our browser, so chances are it could be DLC for that.

God of War III finally releases in the UK  today after a release earlier this week in the US. You know what to do: no need for us to tell you.

1. Gekidami

Prequel DLC?

2. themadjock

Waiting for it to arrive this morning :) come on postie!!

3. Robo_1

My trilogy edition just arrived wooohoo :)

Good old Game though, sending £112 worth of product over to Belgium without it even being registered delivery… man!

Looks gorgeous though, man, I am such a ho for these special editions. :D

4. Lutz

Im gutted about my lack of Pandoras box trilogy set. Bastard Game changing things at the last minute.

5. Dannybuoy

I got my copy yesterday (1 day ahead of launch) and played it for about an hour. I must say I am completely blown away by it. The visuals give it such a cinematic feel, I was genuinely excited as I played. Not many games have had the same effect. The new placement of the quick time buttons is genius. You can see them in your peripheral vision and keep your eye on the action. Can’t wait to get properly stuck in. DLC? yes please!

6. geemarc

The rumor is that the whole ending was cut out and will come back as dlc

7. Blerk

That’d be a bit of a pisser for people who don’t do online though, wouldn’t it? A significant chunk of console owners never even plug them into the ‘net.

8. McLovin85

I’m waiting for mine too. I’d be gutted if i don’t get it today but from the looks of it it won’t be arriving today which is such a pain in the ass.

9. mington

i’m slightly concerned, i haven’t received my “we’re sending you gow3″ email from my rental company, when it really should be sat on my door mat waiting for me by now. Has my rental company finally failed me on my most eagerly anticipated game the year, i think i’m gonna have to go buy it on my way home this afternoon :( i’ve whacked metro on my rental list just in case

10. Gekidami

Wrong. What was cut was an alternate ending, not ‘The Ending’. Its no rumour either.

Apparently quite a few people think this might be a new PSP GoW game.

11. Blerk

That’d make much more sense.

12. McLovin85

Sweet jesus the postie just delivered GoW 3!!!! I’m officially in hibernation until i finish this game.

13. Mike Honcho

GOW3 DLC …. very nice.

By the way, what’s the world coming to …. a GOW3 column without an O’Connor post in sight.

14. Edward Cullen

:D

15. g00nerz

I’m sat here at home having taken a day off work to play this masterpiece. And guess what? F*cking Amazon.co.uk fail to deliver the game on launch day. F*ck f*ck f*ckety f*ckers. I will never be ordering games from them again. The c*nts.

16. Dr.Ghettoblaster

gOOnerz, just buy it from store to play today, then when you get your copy in mail, return that sealed copy to store with receipt.

Game is amazing.

17. Gekidami

The sites changed abit, the thing in the top right corner is now half full and the rain is more dence. 2 more weeks till its full if it works like that.

18. The Hindle

Its the ending that was cut guys. It was orignally meant to be a lot longer. Its rather that or its a psp sequel. The next full Ps3 Gow game will feature Kratos brother id bet on it.