God of War III hits UK – the first 15 minutes in video

Friday, 19th March 2010 16:39 GMT By Patrick Garratt

gow32

God of War III released in the UK today after launching in the US and mainland Europe earlier this week. All you’ll find below the break is 15 minutes of direct-feed video from the start of the game. There’s no point in putting words: you’ll be looking at the most attractive action game ever developed.

Just. Buy. It.

1. Gekidami

“Europe today”

Only if the UK is all of Europe.

2. Patrick Garratt

I’ve edited it. I thought it was Europe-wide today, for some reason.

3. dirigiblebill

“the most attractive action game ever developed”

/looks sadly at copy of Uncharted 2

Sorry darling, you get the sofa tonight.

4. Yoshi

I so wanna play GOW3 but i want to play the GOW Collection first :( DAMIT BRING IT OUT IN THE UK!

5. Gekidami

Not before the 21st of april.

6. Enkeixpress

Most attractive action game ever developed…?

That must be a joke, right? lol

7. Sini

8hr 45min, what took to beat this game the first time. Too short. Much shorter than the second one. Feels like Uncharted 1 all over again.

8. Phoenixblight

Funny because this game took longer to beat for me than the second one and the first one.

9. Sini

What’s funny about it? Also, the problem lies between your sofa and your controller if that’s true.

10. spiderLAW

@ Sini
    Why so defenive and offensive so quickly?

@ Phoenix
    Took me almost the exact same time with each game at 9-10hrs for all 3 with the first play through. After doing speed runs, God of War took me 3hrs 49mins. God of War 2 speed run was clocked in at 4hrs and 18minutes. I have yet to try a speed run with God of War 3.

11. spiderLAW

oh and @ 7
    I totally agree with you buddy. While the first 2hrs wer georgeous and promising, the rest of the game didnt hold. there were areas in the game where i stopped and looked around but a lot of the areas seemed empty and lifeless. Still a fun game though. I just wish they kept on going with what was shwon for the first 2hrs of the game.

Uncharted 2 = #1 action game in terms of visuals.

12. ki3i

When a game like GOW 3 is finished on the first play through in 8-9 hours what does this mean? Is the difficulty setting irrelevant? Is the collection of all hidden items irrelevant? I want to be impressed but I don’t know enough to decide if I am.

13. Dannybuoy

Had since yesterday. I rule. It’s fucking awesome. Mind blowing really.

14. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@13. It probably means it was flown through on easy and then shelved or returned.

Personally, I like to take my time and enjoy huge production games like this. Examine every nook and cranny, take your time, enjoy the beauty. And this game is beautiful.

@12. My own personal opinion is GOW3 is very much equal to U2′s beauty and consistency with impressive levels throughout. I loved every minute of it. Can’t say enough good things about it really. Truly a “next-gen” experience

15. Tallon 4

Lovely game…but the force feedback is way too soft. I don’t think Dante’s weapons are better, but the feedback is stronger so they feel stronger

16. ki3i

lol,…glad to know I’m not the only one who thinks this sort of game should be “experienced”, “explored” and probably played on difficult for veterans of the series. It’s called easy mode for a reason. :)