Firewalker DLC for Mass Effect 2 hitting March 23

Friday, 19th March 2010 16:41 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

me2hammerhead

BioWare has just tweeted that the Firewalker DLC for Mass Effect 2 will land next Tuesday, March 23.

Previously slated for sometime “this month” via a previous announcement, the Firewalker DLC includes the Hammerhead tank along with five missions based on it.

Here’s the tweet

Mass Effect 2 Firewalker DLC featuring the Hammerhead coming Tuesday March 23rd!

The Twitter post links to a picture of the tank, which you can see in the header image as well as through here.

Looks rather neat.

The next bit of DLC, Kasumi’s Stolen Memory is slated for April 6.

More through the lovely links.

1. Quiiick

I didn’t like Mass Effect 2. Not at all. It was a terrible experience and I really don’t get its metascore of 9.6! It’s a tedious and dull game. Beautiful CGs but boring gameplay. In addition they dumbed down the RPG elements to appeal to a more broader FPS crowd. And on top of all this mediocrity the loading timed were just unacceptable.

2. stretch215

You are definitely in the VAST minority, but that’s ur opinion. I must agree though about the how tedious I found the resource gathering. A small flaw in an otherwise excellent game.

3. reask

I have to be honest and say the loading times in the first one put me off big time.
    I stopped playing it about 6 hours in.
    If the second one is the same I will not be playing it.

4. YoungZer0

You want shorter Loading times? Then get the PC version you moron. That’s the most retarded argument i have ever heard.

5. MushroomStamp

Yeah, I have the PC version and I don’t even notice load times. EXCELLENT game

6. Massiveslag

Is your attention span really that short that you stopped playing a truly landmark game simply because of loading times?

Try getting a prescription for Ritalin dumbass.

7. blackdreamhunk

just want to say thank you bio-ware :)

8. Quiiick

@ YoungZer0

Watch your language!

The long loading times are just the icing on a otherwise already inedible cake.

9. bohola

@ stretch215

I don’t think he is in the VAST minority as I and many others agree on his point of view. Look around on a lot of RPG and Mass Effect forums and you will see this viewpoint posted hundreds of times.

10. sirjonk

well bohola, all your post shows is that you don’t seem to understand basic statistics. Your evidence? “Hundreds” of posts agreeing with your point of view that the game was poor. The evidence against? MILLIONS of pleased gamers and critics.

Metacritic average: 96
    Metacritic user average: 8.8 (1,178 votes)
    Gamespot score: 9.0
    Gamespot user score: 9.4 (5,266 votes, of which 95% rated it Great, Superb, or Perfect)

So it’s nice that you don’t “think” he’s in the vast minority, but empirical evidence begs to differ. As do game sales, word of mouth, and eventual GoTY awards.