PC specs for Splinter Cell: Conviction revealed

Wednesday, 17th March 2010 17:46 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

splintercellconviction

The PC specs for Splinter Cell: Conviction popped up online today, thanks to Gamikaze.

Read onward for the list.

Recommended specs:

• Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
  • Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Core2 Duo or 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon X2 64
  • RAM: 1.5 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista, Windows 7
  • Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c–compliant video card (512 MB recommended) (see supported list*)
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c–compliant sound card
  • DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
  • DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM drive
  • Hard Drive Space: 10 GB
  • Peripherals Supported: Mouse, keyboard, headset, 12-button gamepads with analog sticks
  • Internet Connection: Broadband Internet connection

*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:

• NVIDIA GeForce 7800 / 7900 / 8 / 9 / GTX series
    • ATI RADEON X1800 / X1900 / HD 2000 / HD 3000 / HD 4000 / HD 5000 series
    • Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.

Note: A permanent high speed internet connection and creation of a Ubisoft account are required to play this video game at all times and to unlock exclusive content. Such content may only be unlocked one single time with a unique key. You must be at least 13 to create a Ubisoft account.

A demo for the game lands tomorrow, and it’s out April 13 in the US, and April 16 in the UK for PC and Xbox 360.

1. Droid

Definitely boycotting this one due to the stupid method of only being able to play when permanently connected to the net.

2. Bulk Slash

Yep, still got the DRM so I’m not buying it.

3. hitnrun

Hell, I wouldn’t even call it a “boycott” — my Internet just isn’t reliable enough to play games with your fucking DRM, Ubisoft :)

4. AssAssIn0009

the fuking stupid drm again

5. endgame

well i was low on cash anyway so ty ubisoft for giving me a reason to pirate this game when it comes out.

6. blackdreamhunk

sorry theses days I am picky I am only buying games from publishers and game devs that care about their fans!

It’s a ression and alot of game devs are going bankuprt so i want to make sure the right game devs get my money are still around.

7. Tamo123

There are games coming out from developers who care about their customers while still gaining a profit. This is where I will spend my money.

8. blackdreamhunk

By the to all the publishers and game devs who want to destory pc gaming i say bring it lets see how gaming lasts with out pc gaming.

can’t wait for online and more tech like that to comes.

I have totaly stop buying microsoft products and sony products. There is a lot other better companies out there.

My next will not be a sony flat screen tv’s and I am buying the iphone nothing microsoft has to offer.

sorry really don’t like some big cooperate companies and how they do their business!

9. frod

I don’t think devs have much say in the DRM.

10. blackdreamhunk

frod even game devs have choice, everyone in life has choice!

sorry from what alot of game devs have said in this gaming Industry I would have dis agree with you.

11. frod

in this market? Questionable. How many studios closed down today? At least one!

12. blackdreamhunk

business don’t run on big bright red numbers, I am sure midway would have said for the same thing!

13. dirigiblebill

“Same, not buying it. Although I was really looking forward to it, so guess I’ll be pirating it.”

As ever, invasive copyright control isn’t an excuse to deprive hundreds of people of the fruits of their labours. Ubisoft’s approach is silly, but there are still developers tucked away behind all their lawyers and financiers, developers who are probably as dismayed by the new DRM as we are. Pirate the game if you must, but don’t pretend you’re taking the moral high ground in doing so.

14. YoungZer0

@blackdreamhunk: Wow, you’re bitching about bad companies and then you say you’d buy an iPhone. Do some homework. Apple is one of those asshole companies.

15. blackdreamhunk

No one is going to force me into buying a console. they day force me I will just go to all the free games pc gaming has.

@YoungZer0

I don’t judge until I have expernced them, I have never really bougt apple stuff. I will go there when i come paths with it.

In fact don’t need to spend a dine

16. blackdreamhunk

people want pc gaming dead so bad lets find what will if does!!!!!

so bring it lets see how powerful you really are!

talk is cheap!

17. blackdreamhunk

the gaming industry is full of a lot of sisies!!!

18. Badger

I’m with dirigiblebill.

Constant internet connection is a ridiculous idea, but the solution of pirating it is just adding to the problem! Can’t you see? It’s basically a Catch 22 situation that we have to overcome. I will buy the game, as I will with Assassin’s Creed 2 when I have money. I won’t be happy that the DRM is there, but I’ll live with it because that’s the only legal way to play it. Just because you don’t agree with a law doesn’t give you a right to break it.

19. N.E.R.D

hate drm
      and the dirty ways of ubi
      they deserve hacking

20. Tamo123

@dirigiblebill

Not at all, while I agree with you, I will not give my money to a company that shits on it’s customers thinking it is acceptable to offer this DRM. I will pirate the game and if they decide to release a patch removing the DRM then I will go out and buy it. It is not often I pirate games, I buy them all at some point. This though, is one of those times where I will pirate.

21. Artheval_Pe

I probably won’t buy nor play the game and save my money for something else.

@ bdh : No game devs don’t really have choice. They either accept the DRM or go unemployed. Especially at Ubisoft since their contracts percludes them now from working at another video game company before a set amount of time if they leave Ubisoft.

The funny thing is : Who the hell at the senior finance at Ubisoft thought that this expansive and useless DRM was a good idea ? The problem with piracy is not that people can pirate the game, it’s that people are not inclined to pay anymore for that type of goods. It’s no use to try to sell them stuff if they don’t want to buy it in the first place.

22. wilii92

I dont think DRM as a bad thing you know, that is one way to stop people downloading pirated games. Tats cool because in 10 years there will be no more games because of the fucking
      pirated games but ubisoft has a drm preventing game industry to fall apart. But anyways i want this game so badly because of the ending on SCDA and im big fan of tom clancy series and ubisoft. Eat my shit drm whiners and grow up u noobs!!
      If you wanna play games download freewares.
      And i had no problems with AC 2 when i played it. Its a goddamn good game you know!