Tales of Phantasia X releasing this year, teaser site goes live

Tuesday, 16th March 2010 19:24 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

talesofphantasiax

Looks like Tales of Phantasia is being remade for the PSP, again, and this time it’s being called Tales of Phantasia X (Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon X).

This is according to the latest Shonen Jump, along with a teaser site for the game going live.

It’s expected sometime this year, and if you hit the link above, you will also get a taste of the game’s music.

The title is a remake of the Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon, released in 2000 on Game Boy Color, and Namco is including a remake of the original title, Tales of Phantasia.

Famitsu should have more on this later in the week, according to Andriasang.

Cool news for fans, we reckon.

1. Talyis

Bah screw that just bring Tales Of Vesperia to the PS3 in the U.S. I’m still waiting!

2. Michael O’Connor

Not gonna happen. There would be a ton of localisation, and they’ve have to get back every voice actor to voice every new scene. It simply wouldn’t be feasible.

The game is perfectly enjoyable on the 360 as it is.

3. Hunam

Getting back the voice actors isn’t as hard as you make it out, but the time and effort involved would be large though, and cost as much to do as the base 360 game did, and that’s always going to be the problem.

4. Talyis

@O’Conner of course you would say that I never hear you say anything positive about the PS3. Some of us prefer not to buy console a second time after it dies past it’s warranty! Sure they can find the voice actors for the Japanese version. Either way I’d like it to come to the U.S. on PS3. You can enjoy playing on a box with a high chance of failure!

5. Hunam

Talyis, I want the game as much as you do, infact that’s the reason I never bought the 360 version, but Namco are very Japan focused, deep down they almost resent publishing in the west, they’re a strange company and getting any of their games out of Japan in any form is a miracle half the time. Basically, don’t hold your breath.

6. Vertical Stand

@Hunam I’m not going to defend the record of Namco in the past, but it does seem they are changing, especially in Europe. I mean they have bought the Atari European stuff to boost their publishing end, they recently put out Sky Breakers here, when Namco America left it to XSeed.

It also seems from the line up so far, that by far their most interesting games are second party ones (such as Game Republic’s Majin) including a couple promising ones from Western studios, Enslaved and Splatterhouse.

So maybe they will bring this over, but I dunno if the market is there, by the end of the year and beyond, will anyone outside Japan still be bothering with the PSP? Then again D3 has already announced God Eater so who knows.

7. Michael O’Connor

“@O’Conner of course you would say that I never hear you say anything positive about the PS3.”

Wow, I say something helpful while making a valid point, and you call me a fanboy? Christ, you’re an idiot.

If you’ve never seen me “say a single positive thing” about the PS3 then you are, quite frankly, blind. I have constantly shouted praise for LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, and many other PS3 exclusives, and I am constantly praising the strength of Sony’s first party development studios.

So you are, quite frankly, talking utter shit.

I have also regularly bashed how terrible Microsoft’s line up of exclusives this year is, as well as Microsoft’s habit of over-hyping everything.

If the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia was released here, I would pick it up in an instant. The 360 version as it is though is an entirely enjoyable game, and you are simply denying yourself the chance to play it because of something childish fanboy console preference.

It is entirely your loss.

“You can enjoy playing on a box with a high chance of failure!”

Thanks for confirming to me that you are, indeed, a fanboy.

“Namco are very Japan focused, deep down they almost resent publishing in the west, they’re a strange company and getting any of their games out of Japan in any form is a miracle half the time.”

This is also utter bullshit. Nearly every single major Namco title gets released in the west. They clearly just don’t think the cost of localising the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia (which I would be in instant if it was released here, despite owning the 360 version) will recoup the costs. Considering the amount of effort it would require to get all the same voice actors to record lines for the newly voiced scenes, I can entirely understand that decision.

8. Talyis

@O’Conner LOL OK I’m the idiot because I don’t to buy the 360 a second time. All I said first was I want them to release Tales Of Vesperia in the U.S. and here you go trying to tell me to get it for the 360 and like I said I’m not gonna buy the same console twice it’s not about being fanboys dipshit! I can talk shit about a company thats screwed me out of 400 dollars. I can’t have an opinion about a company? Companies make remakes all the time or reprints with added features remember Eternal Sonata! I’m tired of you acting like you some genius when it comes to gaming when you really don’t know shit about it. Just to make it clear I don’t have anything against MS game developer just MS itself! I’m a fanboy of reliable products!