GoW III launch trailer makes us do a little wee

Tuesday, 16th March 2010 13:15 GMT By Johnny Cullen

godofwarIII

SCEA’s just put live a eye-popping God of War III launch trailer live. Get it after the break.

To say this trailer really is amazing is probably understatement of the year. You really need to watch it, it’s that good.

The consensus seems to be you need to buy it. This trailer, and these review scores, proves it.

The game releases today in the US, with a PAL release this week, beginning tomorrow in mainland Europe. UK and Ireland don’t get it until Friday.

1. JonFE

Just got my Pandora edition and look forward to start playing through the whole trilogy – the missus might kill me first, though…

2. mington

WOW

to think this time next week we will all have completed it

3. sennasnit

Holy shit…
    Got some play.com vouchers for xmas, was gonna buy F1 2010, but seeing as though it’s not released until September, i wonder what i can buy now….hmmmm….
    *scratches chin*
    this or the GTAIV “stories”
    any suggestions?

4. theevilaires

you cant play this game on anything lesser than a 40″ HDTV. You would be cheating yourself out on one hell of an experience.

5. Detale

I’ve only got a 37″ HDTV, will that be okay? :)

Seriously looking forward to this.

6. themadjock

2 days till my pre-order arrives. I have Friday and Monday off to play through it in peace without my girlfriend in the way. It’s going to be good, must have played the previous two through about four times each… Oh and Mike O’Connor please no more bashing this we know you don’t like it….

7. mington

i’ve got a 28″…..what if i sit really close to it?

8. Blerk

Nice!

9. theevilaires

37″ and 28″ tv’s?you guys call yourselves gamers? This will more than likely be GOTY. Go out and buy a 50″ plasma panasonic if you have to. They look pretty damn good and run only $750. That’s a steal! Kratos will look fucking awesome on that too.

I would buy one myself but I don’t use any other brand but SONY with my PS3′s. :D

10. Telepathic.Geometry

I was gonna give this one a miss, but now I think I owe it to my gaming loins to give it the high hard one.

11. Eregol

Awesome trailer.
    And to think, Edge gave this an 8.

12. mington

i want a naked kratos skin with a big floppy todger! i is not gay, i just think it would make the game that much more carnal & brutal! just think of all those slow mo qte’s

Spartans used to fight in the nude all the time, and they used to bum boys too, maybe thats the bit cut from the end, kratos has a sex mini game with a small boy, now that would be BRUTAL

wheres my meds

13. sennasnit

I’ve got a 32″ KDL32D full 1080p TEA. Is that OK? I always sit really close.

14. DaMan

@11 Kikizo, Games TM, Telegraph, Gameplayer Sweden, Gameplanet and Videogamesdaily. all gave it a 8.

15. Eregol

@14 True
    But if you actually read Edge’s review, they are quite glowing about it.
    Gamestm’s review in comparison was quite negative.

EDIT: Not only that, but Edge are the harshest critics around with regards to their scoring.
    It takes something good to get an 8. They get lambasted here all the time for bias and stingyness.

16. Detale

So I spoke to the missus about this new 50″ plasma I’ve got to buy, and for some reason she doesn’t seem keen. I explained what TEA said, but she muttered something under her breath that I couldn’t quite hear down the phone. I’ve explained that she can watch her ‘Dancing On Ice’ programme on it too, but that hasn’t really sold it to her either. Something about it being so bloody big it will block the sunlight coming into our tiny living room or words to that effect.

I’ll just have to sit really close and hope for the best.

17. theevilaires

sennasnit said: I’ve got a 32″ KDL32D full 1080p TEA. Is that OK? I always sit really close.

NO! be a fucking man and buy 40″ or higher. The graphics and sound in these games are becoming better and better each year. You guys need to seriously step it up. HDTV’s are dirt cheap now. Its 2010 not 2005.

18. Eregol

I have a 40 inch in the living room and 32 inch in the kitchen.
    I’ll probably do most of my gaming in the living room, but if I have to, can I play it on my kitchen tv?

19. theevilaires

Detale I know your problem….its your wife! There are plenty fish in the sea my friend but you only get to play GOW3 for the first time once. Don’t let anyone or anything get in your way of experiencing probably the best game you’ll play this year to the MAX!

$750 for a 50″ plasma isn’t shit. I use that for toilet paper. Go take her to your nearest best buy bring your PS3 to test it on the 50″ and have some pics of you and her on your HDD and she will be sold. Go get her tiger!

20. reask

32 inch Bravia and thats it.
    Wont be playing this anyway. ;)

21. reask

Can I borrow your bog roll Tea.

22. DaMan

ah, I thought you meant Edge underrated it.

23. Detale

I like the way you think TEA. I’ll be sure to follow the plan and let you know how it goes. :)

If worst comes to worst, my brother-in-law has got a bloody great TV in his house so I’ll just go and crash with them for a few days. I’m sure he won’t mind.

24. polygem

you joking? gaming is best on a 24″ full hd monitor and a desktop setup…couch gaming is for couch gamers…pfff

25. Redh3lix

I have a 42″, meaning I can sit far away and feel like I’m really close! For those with profoundly more feeble size TV’s I would suggest binoculars.

26. NGCes26294BIV

@DaMan

Kikizo IS Videogamesdaily, btw.

27. JonFE

@ theevilaires:

Just my stab at a wild guess, TEA: you are actually single, am I right?
    Enjoy it while it lasts, matey!

28. Eregol

You honestly think women are going to start throwing themselves at him?

29. DaMan

really, NGCes26294BIV?

I never read them (Kikizo that is)actually :D, and I’m not from Uk (or US) btw. I was just saying that even less harsh ones gave the game a 8.

30. JonFE

What gave you that idea? I’m just trying to point out that, if he *ever* got involved in any serious relationship, he would forget the “man-the-fuck-up” type advices…

31. Edward Cullen

Why is everyone getting soo excited with this? i thought this game was ‘terrible’?

32. Gheritt White

TEA, whatever you do, don’t take the bait! You don’t need to defend your powers of attraction to the fucking internet.

33. sennasnit

@TEA our Bravia was (last year) top of the range £999 in the Sony centre (£619 via an online retailer)
    That’s like $1500 in your money, it’s the dogs!
    Better than a bottom range 40″ or 50″

34. Eregol

It was this part of your post
    “Enjoy it while it lasts, matey!”
    Just sounded like you don’t expect him to be single for long.

And with a personality like his, what woman could resist?

35. JonFE

Well, it is only natural to settle down at some point of your life, but I see what you meant now :lol:

36. The Hindle

3 days for us people from the UK, cant wait :D

37. Eregol

3 days is too long.

38. theevilaires

reask said: “Can I borrow your bog roll Tea.”

only if it gives you the skill to beat little 12 year old girls in MW2 :D

Detale: good luck, may the force be with you.

JonFE: It Doesn’t matter. If you have the money then the wife can’t say shit. Treat her to a spa that day. when she gets back home and see’s you playing GOW3 on a brand new 50″ she won’t care.

Eregol: Come hang out with me and see what I pull even on my worst day.

For all the rest of you guys who are still stuck in SD, grow a pair please and graduate to HD. There’s a port on the back of your PS3 called HDMI. Learn what it does and how it can make your games like GOW3 a better overall experience.

39. Edward Cullen

Fuck in our place we’re not even sure we get it this week.

40. reask

Youre not going to let me live that down are you Tea. ;)
    I reckon she would have bet you as well anyway. :D

41. Eregol

@TEA
    Sorry dude.
    I don’t have the time to hang around farms.

42. The Hindle

@41 Wooaaaaaaah ripped :D

43. theevilaires

@ Reask: to answer both your question and statement…NEVER and NEVER.

44. Gheritt White

@42: ZING! :)

45. The Hindle

I do wonder how a HD TV can bring those girls in lol

46. reask

Ah TH why did you have to go on topic. :)

47. The Hindle

Dam it i know Reask, anyways off topic again let the piss taking commence :D

48. Lutz

All things being equal I should have this tomorrow.
    46 inch 1080p TV, surround sound headphones… Oh yeah baby.

49. ninjanutta2

Does my 47inch 1080p and full sony surround at 300 watts make my E penis big enough to join in here?

50. theevilaires

Now thats what I’m talking about Lutz. Have fun ripping your enemies in half with Kratos on your MAN TV. :D

51. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Just finished it. The game is incredible and truly represents some next gen power. Cronos is the biggest boss battle TO DATE people. Damn i see demons is an understatement…