Sections

“Too early” to start thinking DLC for Splinter Cell: Conviction, says Ubisoft

Monday, 15th March 2010 13:26 GMT By Johnny Cullen

scconviction

Splinter Cell: Conviction creative director Max Beland has told Eurogamer its way “too early” to start thinking about DLC for the game.

Speaking at a recent hands-on event for the game, he said:

[It's] too early to even think about DLC.”

He further added: “Once the game has shipped, we will shift our focus towards DLC content.”

And on the subject Ubi president Yves Guilemot wants more from the series more often?

“I think it’s a great thing, for you and for us,” said Beland, “as long as we keep focusing on making great experiences with high quality production values.”

Ubi confirmed on Friday a demo is on the way for the game, although a date is unknown.

Conviction releases on PC and 360 on April 16 in the UK.

Latest

6 Comments

Sign in to post a comment.

  1. Michael O’Connor

    Considering the game is about 3 years late, you’d wanna hope they have a bigger priority than creating downloadable content.

    Though we all know exactly what Ubisoft DLC entails… cutting out a piece of the game during production and pawning it off as “previously unfinished content” later.

    #1 4 years ago
  2. NGCes26294BIV

    “Though we all know exactly what Ubisoft DLC entails”

    And Capcom, and Take Two, and the rest…

    #2 4 years ago
  3. DJ Deathstar

    To Ubi

    Give me Spy vs Merc Multiplayer

    Cheers

    #3 4 years ago
  4. abbe

    Michael: Isn’t that what they’re doing?:

    ““[It's] too early to even think about DLC.”
    He further added: “Once the game has shipped, we will shift our focus towards DLC content.””

    #4 4 years ago
  5. The Hindle

    Does anyone actually care about Splinter Cell still? Personally i think they peaked with CT

    #5 4 years ago
  6. Michael O’Connor

    “Does anyone actually care about Splinter Cell still? Personally i think they peaked with CT”

    Probably nowhere near as much as Microsoft is hoping. Microsoft’s exclusives line-up for 2010 is downright horrible.

    “And Capcom, and Take Two, and the rest…”

    Capcom, hardly. The stuff coming out for Resident Evil 5 now clearly wasn’t complete in time for the game’s release. It’s been out for a *long* time.

    Same goes for Street Fighter IV. There were a bunch of costumes you could buy, and that was it. You did not have to buy them, and they add nothing to the gameplay. In fact, the extra Champions mode, which *did* add something to the gameplay, was entirely *free*.

    Take Two, I don’t see how. Nothing I think of off the top of my head, but feel free to correct me if I’m wrong on that one.

    If you want to name a company guilty of this, try Namco Bandai.

    “Michael: Isn’t that what they’re doing?:”

    There’s a difference between “shifting their focus to DLC” and cutting out parts of the game during production to pawn off as DLC.

    #6 4 years ago