New Brink trailer shows mad fighting, dying

Friday, 12th March 2010 16:04 GMT By Patrick Garratt

brink6

Yes, it may “only” be CGI, but the latest cinematic trailer for Brink shows off its running, shooting, killing and dying concept very nicely. Did we mention we think this looks brilliant?

The Splash Damage shooter is set in a future where a floating city’s developed a shanty town existence and a terminal habit for civil war. It’s cops versus robbers in what looks to be a state of the art take on the modern FPS.

It’s releasing towards the end of the year for 360, PS3 and PC. Have a nose.

1. theevilaires

Im really looking forward to this game a lot.

2. DJ Deathstar

You’re not wrong, looks awesome

3. theevilaires

also I hope next gen looks like this damn trailer off the bat. Seeing GOW3 and UC2 I know it can be done next gen within the second wave of next gen title releases.

4. Erthazus

Oh, great game. Press one button – you will jump, crouch and do everything else.

Why we need buttons at all? Lets just make one button for shooting, walking, running, jerking off.

Or lets just watch movies.

As much as i love my PS3, FUCKING consolization. I want to play and have control over my character with freakin’ keyboard or controller that will use full button capabilities. Fuck this casual shit.

5. AHA-Lambda

wow that looked really good :O

THis has jumped up my radar a bit now :)

6. DeSpiritusBellum

I’m with theevilaires, this is my number one game this year. It might be too early to tell, but it just looks like massive ammounts of fun. And narcicistic indulgence.

@4 Grouch. Pretty much every freerunning game around has had that system and it’s worked to perfection. Look at it this way: Prototype, Assassins Creed (one-button system) – Lots of fun to run around*. Mirrors Edge (multi-button system) – Pain in the ass.

*Even if the games themselves were mediocre.

7. Edward Cullen

ooooh.. some realistic parkour.. me wants!

8. Detale

Looks absolutely bonkers, I’m sold.

9. absolutezero

Mirrors Edge was fantastic once you got the controls down, everything opened up so much. This just looks like run into something and hold down shift.

10. polygem

SMART system seems to be really cool imo…@4: it has full button capabilities…the gameplay seems to be pretty deep, classs system etc…as far as i know the SMART system allows you to jump or slide by looking up or down at an objekt, you will still need a lot of buttons for the rest like reloading, melee etc…anyway. i am really looking forward to this. i love the artstyle and the gameplayvideos available look very promising and solid…

11. AiZeN SaMa

its so fucking stuiped . look at the characters thye are redicules . they need some adjusting i feel like im playing with a retard … im not gunna waste my money on it .