Latest Edge gives Bad Company 8, AvP and FFXIII 5

Friday, 12th March 2010 14:07 GMT By Patrick Garratt

badcompany24

The scores from the latest issue of Edge are out, giving EA DICE’s latest a sterling 8/10.

Here’s the lot, via the EG forum. The FFXIII score we already knew about. AvP’s as good as FFXIII, etc.

• Final Fantasy XIII – 5
  • Alice in Wonderland – 7
  • Blazblue – 8
  • White Knight Chronicles – 5

1. Erthazus

White Knight Chronicles and FFXIII – 5 :D yaay

2. Ghost_Dog

God of War III is only slightly better than Alice in Wonderland.

3. Blerk

The internets are ablaze! :-D

4. Gekidami

From Edge an 8 for GoW3 is pretty good. I’m sure one person is disapointed they didnt give it lower. We all know who that person is. :D

5. Erthazus

I really like EDGE and their reviews + scores. They definitely say what gamers want to hear. Because every fucking review gives every hyped game from 9-10 and you can’t understand good game or bad. Even reviews suck with its: OMG ITS SO AWESOME!!!!1111

If its 10 its perfect or masterpiece, if its 9 its almost perfect.

I only have problems with them scoring Mass Effect 2 and Fallout 1-2 games.

6. Michael O’Connor

“I’m sure one person is disapointed they didnt give it lower. We all know who that person is.”

That was an utterly feeble attempt at trolling.

7. Edward Cullen

WHAT!! GOW3 is 8!! but it’s TERRIBLE!! IT HAS QTE!! KRATOS is FLOATY!! and is lyk walking on ICE!! IT’s ATROCIOUS!!

;)

8. Kaufer

Wow!! Sakura Wars scored better than FFXIII. Now i have to buy it.

And did they review Heavy Rain before? Whats the damage?

9. Blerk

They did Heavy Rain last month (and gave it a 7).

10. Michael O’Connor

They gave FFXIII a 5, but I consider it an 8.
    They gave GoW3 an 8, but I consider it a 5.
    They gave Dragon Age a 5, but I consider it a 9.
    They gave Heavy Rain a 7, but I consider it a 10.

I love Edge’s quality, even when their review scores are polars opposites to my own. I never actually criticised anyone’s right to enjoy the game.

11. ianbenoir

i don’t like the way they score games…
    usually they consider too much about what the game could have been and don’t judge it by what it is.

12. Hunam

Bad Company 2 is the best shooter on the 360 by a country mile. Absolute blast, even with it’s flaws.

Wasn’t the 5 for Dragon Age for the 360 version?

13. G1GAHURTZ

Bad Company 2 is the best shooter on the 360 by a country mile.

What, you mean even though the campaign is unoriginal and about 6 hours long, the online only reportedly works intermittently and it has a lower Metacritic score than at least 6 other 360 shooters?

Ok then.

14. DrDamn

It’s an opinion G1GA – I can form mine without Metacritic and Edge for that matter. I agree with Hunam.

15. G1GAHURTZ

Yes indeed, it certainly is nothing more than a simple opinion.

16. DeSpiritusBellum

I don’t know about BC2 on the 360, maybe it’s a completely different experience, but as I’m writing this there are 4 european Squad Deathmatch servers available on the PC version, and they’re either running ridiculous rules that I don’t feel like playing by, or I simply can’t connect to them. No error message, nothing, it just doesn’t load.

Seriously, when you’re up against a game that lets you play however you want, whenever you want, that’s not how you come out on top.

I would have to agree with Edge that if MW2 is a 9,5 game, then BC2 is around an 8, and sadly most of what’s wrong with it could easily have been caught during development.

17. DrDamn

No G1GA … it’s an opinion. Get over it.

18. G1GAHURTZ

What are you on about??

I just agreed with you didn’t I…?

You seem a bit touchy today.

19. absolutezero

pppffffff metacritic

20. polygem

sorry but i have to disagree. if mw2 is a 9,5 game then bc2 must at least be a 9,6 game because it is so much better in almost every way…i don´t get the complaints about the sp…have you guys played the sp in mw2? it wasn´t much longer and it definately wasn´t any better…it was boring as hell and pretty dull, the sp in bc2 is not outstanding, but it´s pretty good. the mp is a true masterpiece though. mw2 spec ops is a nice addition but nothing that keeps me (personally) hooked..i don´t care too much about review scores. bfbc2 is an unbelieveably good shooter in my opinion and by far the best multiplayer shooter available on the consoles yet. if someone prefers mw2, that´s ok with me. i don´t quite get it – but ok. it´s a matter of taste i guess.

21. DrDamn

@G1GA
    Maybe you didn’t mean it the way it sounded but “*just* a *simple* opinion” comes across as fairly twatty and dismissive.

22. G1GAHURTZ

Ah, I see what’s happened here… The way that it sounded to you was obviously an accurate reflection of your own self.

I believe it’s called ‘projection’.

23. DrDamn

I wasn’t the one calling another persons opinion “simple” because it didn’t agree with my own.

24. G1GAHURTZ

Would you please like to tell me exactly which one of the 29 definitions of the word “”simple”" listed here I intended.

Go on, educate me. Tell me what I was thinking.

25. DrDamn

Ok, if no offence or underlying intent was behind the phrasing I apologise. That’s just the way it came across at the time.

26. Eregol

10 for Heavy Rain O’Connor?
    Don’t make me laugh.

And for the record, I platinumed Heavy Rain today.

27. AbolfazlA

lol

FF XIII = 5
    GOW 3 = 8

…..

28. Michael O’Connor

“You seem a bit touchy today.”

You criticised the guys opinion with no legitimate reason, an opinion that was clearly just that, an opinion. You analysed how his opinion *must* be wrong because popular opinion says otherwise.

I know exactly what people are going to do here. They’re gonna respond and say “Oh, but Michael, that’s exactly what you do!”

No, it isn’t. I point out people’s ignorance when they present opinion as supposed “fact”.

Just ignore him DrDamn. He’s just being a troll.

“10 for Heavy Rain O’Connor?
    Don’t make me laugh.”

Yes, 10 for Heavy Rain. Any game that manages to create its own genre is worth that score, and I hope Heavy Rain is the first is many games of the sort.

29. Eregol

I wouldn’t say Heavy Rain creates it’s own genre at all to be honest.
    You used to see similar games played by touchtone phones on Saturday morning kids tv.
    It’s hardly a revolutionary concept. All Quantic Dream did was put a poorly worded and acted screenplay on top of that system and called it a game.

It has so many plotholes that I’m surprised it remains coherent at all.

And 100%ing it was no different from 100%ing Linger in Shadows or detuned.